Nexus 4 stuck on Cyanogenmod splash screen

mark F3

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, hoping somebody can help me out here. I bought a Nexus 4 the other week and immediately rooted it.All was fine until I did an official update to 4.3. After this my phone would not boot beyond the "X" splash screen. Tried to revert to 4.2 but for some reason it just wouldn't work. Anyway I decided to try flashing cm-10.2-20130928-NIGHTLY-mako.zip I am using twrp, I swiped to do a factory reset, then installed the rom and then gapps. It installed ok, I restarted and it was stuck on the Cyanogenmod splash screen, tried rebooting again and it was still the same. I then tried wiping everything flashing the rom and gapps again, this time it got past the splash screen but got stuck on android is upgrading starting apps, Anyway after waiting and getting no further I have tried flashing again and am now stuck on the splash screen again. Any help is much appreciated.

mark F3

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Clauuu, I used the Nexus 4 root toolkit. I am wondering if I should have flashed with a different more stable from. Is there anyway to plug thephone in to my computer and it be recognized as a removable device so I can add a different rom.

Clauuu

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes you can with a custom recovery twrp or cwm. And do not every use again a toolkit, try to flash manually since it;s not a big deal.

mark F3

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I have twrp recovery but how do I get the rom from my computer to the nexus, when plugged in it won't show up as a removable device or anything.

Clauuu

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
You have a option usb mass storate or something simillar, when you select that you will see your phone in 'my computer'.

Clauuu

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Ah sorry mate now i see that option is only valable for sdcard storage not internal.. so first you have to flash stock through fastboot then try again roms etc..
LE. I have now checked by myself and you will find in advanced-file manager and then navigate to your desire

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noniegreer74