[Solved] Boot Loop After Cm11 Nightly

PlusJack

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi, first of all let me say that I'm new to this. I installed CM initially through the installer.
A few hours ago I checked for updates and tapped on the new CM11 nightly build. (I've done this a few times before, only with 10.2.)
Except this time, it won't boot. It goes to the CM boot animation and never goes past there.

I need to know how to get CM11 (or the previous stable) back on my phone. The only way I can think of is through Clockworkmod Recovery but I'm very inexperienced. Help would be much appreciated.

:It should be noted that I can't get my computer to recognize the Nexus 4 drivers now.

Also I tried to restore my backup that I created a long time ago in ClockworkMod, however I'm only greeted with "MD5 mismatch!" when I attempt to restore.

Last edited:

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Boot Loop After Cm11 Nightly

It's probably due to mismatch of setting between Android 4.3 and 4.4.

Just boot into Recovery and do a factory reset and it should solve it, which with custom recovery will wipe you apps data, but not internal storage.

If that don't fix it, you just have download the CM11 rom from here. Boot into recovery and connect your phone. Send the file into your phone using the command: adb push cm11.zip /sdcard/. Then wipe the /system partition in CWM. Then install the rom. Or you can enable CWM's sideload feature, then install it by: adb sideload cm11.zip

Before you can use ADB you need to get your adb driver to work and setup ADB for your computer. Follow step 2 and 3 from here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ne...3923-guide-nexus-4-factory-image-restore.html
Except use the Google USB driver. If that don't work, use Universal Naked Driver, however it is unsigned, so if you use Windows 8 you need to reboot your computer into advance mode and disable driver signature checking.

PS you can try download a CM10.2 rom and install it instead to see if it boot. Then backup your data, boot into CWM, do a factory reset, then flash CM11 again.

As for MD5 mismatch, it means some files are corrupt or are not original anymore or it's no longer compatible with your current CWM version, I heard that a lot with CWM. I don't have that issues with TWRP. I recommend installing TWRP instead, it's better and easier to use. Also make sure to use the latest recovery version when you flash to prevent errors.

Last edited:

PlusJack

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site

It's probably due to mismatch of setting between Android 4.3 and 4.4.

Just boot into Recovery and do a factory reset and it should solve it, which with custom recovery will wipe you apps data, but not internal storage.

If that don't fix it, you just have download the CM11 rom from here. Boot into recovery and connect your phone. Send the file into your phone using the command: adb push cm11.zip /sdcard/. Then wipe the /system partition in CWM. Then install the rom. Or you can enable CWM's sideload feature, then install it by: adb sideload cm11.zip

Before you can use ADB you need to get your adb driver to work and setup ADB for your computer. Follow step 2 and 3 from here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ne...3923-guide-nexus-4-factory-image-restore.html
Except use the Google USB driver. If that don't work, use Universal Naked Driver, however it is unsigned, so if you use Windows 8 you need to reboot your computer into advance mode and disable driver signature checking.

PS you can try download a CM10.2 rom and install it instead to see if it boot. Then backup your data, boot into CWM, do a factory reset, then flash CM11 again.

As for MD5 mismatch, it means some files are corrupt or are not original anymore or it's no longer compatible with your current CWM version, I heard that a lot with CWM. I don't have that issues with TWRP. I recommend installing TWRP instead, it's better and easier to use. Also make sure to use the latest recovery version when you flash to prevent errors.

The first option worked, thanks! Now I need to install the gapps. Any help there?
EDIT: Nevermind, I got it. A HUGE thanks again!

Last edited:

Mir A

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site

Heyy!

Freaked out when my phone got stuck in a bootloop after installinh CMod 11.

Spent 3 hours scouring the internet on what to do and tried your option 1

Just boot into Recovery and do a factory reset and it should solve it, which with custom recovery will wipe you apps data, but not internal storage.​

Worked like a dream. Internal Storage still intact!

Thank you so so so much!

Harrison Haley

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem, except mine is different. On my device, the buttons are unresponsive, until the battery runs out. Then the only thing I can do is power it back on by holding the power button. Still looking for help.

Hafeez Hameed

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi ,

I'm a bit stuck with the same situation. I'm have an HTC One x+ device . I've updated my TWRP to 2.8 . Im trying to install cm11 but the logo keeps on going for ever. for info i rooted my phone using the HTC all in one software . The boot loader mentions it's "Unlocked" .. It would be a grate help if you could pls help me out through this ..

Many thanks ..

x11x111

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm having some issues with my International HTC One M8 after installing the Harman / Kardon modification: It is stuck on the cyanogenmod boot animation.

International HTC One M8

CM11
Bootloader unlocked, Root, TWRP, S-OFF
Flashed hk_enable_and_adsp_update_v3.z.. in Recovery

I'm getting quite desperate. Any help would be much appreciated-

zathrass7

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Thank you so much!
4 whole days since I bricked my One X.
Rooted successfully, CM11 installed, GApps installed, google keyboard kept closing so I couldn't do anything. So I started over, this time with the intent of installing GApps full which doesn't include google keyboard. But it bricked, htc boot screen then black screen, could only get into bootloader and recovery. Tried everything, then found this post and tried formatting system partition form recovery and hey presto! Result!
I am over the moon.

Cary Goodman

Jul 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi, first of all let me say that I'm new to this. I installed CM initially through the installer.
A few hours ago I checked for updates and tapped on the new CM11 nightly build. (I've done this a few times before, only with 10.2.)
Except this time, it won't boot. It goes to the CM boot animation and never goes past there.

I need to know how to get CM11 (or the previous stable) back on my phone. The only way I can think of is through Clockworkmod Recovery but I'm very inexperienced. Help would be much appreciated.

:It should be noted that I can't get my computer to recognize the Nexus 4 drivers now.

Also I tried to restore my backup that I created a long time ago in ClockworkMod, however I'm only greeted with "MD5 mismatch!" when I attempt to restore.

Hey try plugging it to USB on a PC. If you can try rebooting into download mode- Power button + volume down button and Home button

Alain Etongo

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
my own problem is quite different in that after flashing the nightly built on gt p1000 it is running smoothly. the problem is that i cant boot into recovery at all. when i use commands or manual modes or other apps to boot into recovery, the phone always reboot normally. please what should i do cos i wanted to flash cm13