Nexus 4: Anyone Else Getting Better Battery Life on LTE?

PhoenixMike

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Ever since I flashed the LTE radios I've noticed that my battery doesn't drain as fast as before.
I was thinking that maybe it was a placebo effect because I've always been told that LTE drains faster, but the difference is too noticeable.

Example: I've been tethering and streaming for about 45-60 minutes and went down from 48% to 29%. On HSPA+ the battery would have been near dead.

Anyone else noticing this or am I really losing it? :x

LTE Radios for those who need it:
[4.4.1-4.4.2][12/13][v1.31] Nexus 4 LTE and LTE tethering/hotspot fix - xda-developers

Last edited by a moderator:

sibeans

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Anyone Else Getting Better Battery Life on LTE?

i'm not too sure about battery life just yet as i have recently flashed the same radio but i do know that tethering can be a power hog for any device; i'm running stock rom, stock kernel, and hybrid lte radio so i'll post my findings in a couple of days (with hspa+ prior, i'd typically have to charge my n4 about 2 times a day or once if leave it on the orb overnight)....btw, i'm pretty happy with the DL speeds of 25+ and UL speeds of 16+!

KTKareen

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site

Do you guys have links so I can root my N4 on 4.4.2 on mac? Ive been wanting LTE

sent from my N4 with half of the screen working

sibeans

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

Do you guys have links so I can root my N4 on 4.4.2 on mac? Ive been wanting LTE

sent from my N4 with half of the screen working

There's a fountain of rooting info @ xda

Posted via Android Central App

sibeans

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Ever since I flashed the LTE radios I've noticed that my battery doesn't drain as fast as before.
I was thinking that maybe it was a placebo effect because I've always been told that LTE drains faster, but the difference is too noticeable.

Example: I've been tethering and streaming for about 45-60 minutes and went down from 48% to 29%. On HSPA+ the battery would have been near dead.

Anyone else noticing this or am I really losing it? :x

LTE Radios for those who need it:
[4.4.1-4.4.2][12/13][v1.31] Nexus 4 LTE and LTE tethering/hotspot fix - xda-developers

I can't complain with battery life on LTE! With all factors considered on average use, I seem to get a few more noticeable hours off a full charge. Maybe its due to better LTE coverage than HSPA+ coverage in my area.

Posted via Android Central App

1210saad

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
My battery life isn't that good I only switch to LTE when I need to browse the internet otherwise I'm on 3G

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2