How to root your Nexus 4

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Why is this even a question or issue... it's a NEXUS device, a couple of commands and your done, there is no issue in rooting, romming, installing custom recovery, or restoring this device to stock with just a couple of keystrokes or mouse clicks. Besides, if you can't figure out how to do those simple things, maybe you shouldn't be rooting or running a custom ROM anyway.

hotstixjf

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Why, because these devices do not come with manuals that you can read like in the old days. If they did, we wouldn't need to ask people like you nor subscribe to these forums that somehow acquired such information from somebody else at some point in time bla bla bla. Get over yourself... Perhaps if you wanted to know something about an industrial PLC that controls a MACHINE where people could actually lose life or limb (which I program for a living as an Electrical/Industrial Engineer) I would be asking you the same thing. Try being magnanimous verse an arrogant megalomaniac. Regards :D

pjc123

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

+1 for those instructions; I used them when I first bought my Nexus 4 when it first came out and they were by far the easiest to follow. "So easy that an Electrical/Industrial Engineer can do it".

Keep in mind that some things have changed since those instructions were released, such as for instance that superuser does not support Lollipop and you have to use SuperSU instead. It is also best to get the Windows drivers and platform tools program (fastboot, etc.) from the SDK and run its enclosed SDK Manager so you always have the latest and greatest compatible versions. That said, the basic instructions are all there and I am currently on 5.0.1 rooted with no problems using the same technique.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12