06-09-2015 11:11 AM
68 123
tools
    Head-Fi.org - Headphone forums and reviews for audiophiles

This website is a great resource, you can look up reviews on any headphones, buds or headset you are considering.
    Personally, I prefer using Koss PortaPro's. Because they are "open" phones where you can hear everthing around you, they are safer for walking and when you talk into your phone, using the phone's mic, you can clearly hear your own voice. And their sound is fantastic for the money.
    02-11-2014 07:03 AM
    I would like to recommend the Plantronics Backbeat GO 2 bluetooth headphones I just received yesterday. I was previously using the Novero Rockaway's for a few years but the quality was lacking, they started to fall apart and the Plantronics quality and more importantly to me, the sound quality is Stunning for bluetooth. I paid about $80 CAD on Amazon.

If you can manage the price it will be one of the best decisions you ever made to get Bluetooth headphones. On the occasion that I forgot to charge them and I go back to my wired backups for use at the gym, the cabling drives me bananas!

Cheers
    02-20-2014 10:55 AM
    i love the Apple iPhone headset. a great value at $29 IMO. sleek, light, durable, high quality, good sound, inexpensive, with microphone/click button, and easily purchased and replaceable. and this is the only Apple product i've ever bought in my life!

Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic - Apple Store (U.S.)

they also have the in-ear version for $79 if you're into that -

Apple In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic - Apple Store (U.S.)

good luck!
    hey do these work with nexus 5 for sure?
    03-03-2014 11:30 PM
    hey do these work with nexus 5 for sure?
    they work great for calls and music. however - don't expect the volume up/down feature to work because that is an Apple iPhone proprietary feature. otherwise - they are awesome!
    03-04-2014 06:56 AM
    So, no answer to this question? Which headphones with mic works with Nexus 5! Simple question, please! Kristen: did you finally get any headphones?
    03-06-2014 10:26 PM
    The LG Quadbeats and Jive AT&T in ear headphones w/ mic work with the N5 and G2.

Sent from my LG-G2 running CMB Roms 4.4.2
    03-06-2014 11:50 PM
    hey guys

i am surprised to hear that you guys hav't got a ear piece with the phone. i have got nexus 5 32 gb last month with a head set.

i am just came to this forum about the review of the ear phone which i havn't used till date as i use my AUX cable to connect to my car audio system.

really surprising

thanks
    Dhiman
    03-07-2014 06:44 PM
    So, no answer to this question? Which headphones with mic works with Nexus 5! Simple question, please! Kristen: did you finally get any headphones?
    i hope those ear phones have a mic.
    even if it does not Nexus coes with 2 mics and quite efficiently picks up my voice in a call from guite a distance. " in my car from the co-driver seat" Really happy with what i got.

yes the only problem is the volume adjustment on the music player which often gets stuck at 50% level dure to some software warning.

happy listing to good musc.
    03-07-2014 06:48 PM
    Mr. Ratbert, I Have got Lg headfones with my nexus 5. It was there in the box. I am from India
    03-17-2014 08:48 AM
    Apple earplugs work but forget the commands, volume doesn't work and button command only work to play/stop music not even shut down a call.
    06-03-2014 11:56 AM
    I've been using these ear buds. Cheap, loud, bass, flat cable to reduce the tornado of stupidness.

MODNMALL | Bluetooth Speakers / Earphones - Electronics
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    07-15-2014 07:47 PM
    No pair of earbuds I've ever tried fit my ears well. I gave up on went with Sony's MDR-10R headphones. They sound great and have an inline mic and control button for play/pause, calls, activating Google Now, etc. You should also look at something like the Sony SBH20B bluetooth adapter for using regular earbuds with a phone wirelessly.
    07-31-2014 12:19 PM
    SoundBot SB240 wireless headphones are what I use with all my devices. I got tired of cables getting tangled and caught on stuff. Great sound quality, bass and battery life for only $20. Highly recommend them.

Amazon.com: SoundBot® SB240 Kermes Red Bluetooth Headphone Wireless Headset for Music Streaming & HandsFree Calling for 20 Hours of Talk Time, 400 Hours of Standby Time w/ MicroUSB Charging Port & Cable Included: Cell Phones & Accessories
    07-31-2014 07:24 PM
    Lately very few things are sounding halfway decent to me anymore (no, my ears didn't change). Wondering if anyone has a favorite Bluetooth speaker or speakers?
    08-03-2014 02:06 AM
    *dusting off this slightly outdated thread* ...
    *coff, coff*

I've got the Nexus 5 for two months now and yes, it came without headphones.
    I was using the headphones of my old SGS3, but they are way too muffled and the volume rocker for volume down doesn't work. I also can't start calls or pick up the phones with it.

After being on the market for close to a year now, is there any earbud-headphone for the Nexus five that
    * sounds nice
    * has working volume up/down buttons
    * enables you to make a call or pick up when rung.
    ???

TIA for any up to date tips
    08-18-2014 07:26 AM
    I've been wondering the same thing. I'm going to try the suggestion in post #61.
    08-19-2014 03:53 PM
    I bought this'un : http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B005...ndrocentr0a-21

Let's see if it worx
    08-20-2014 05:00 AM
    I am using xiaomi pistons 2, great sound and buttons work great on my nexus 5
    06-09-2015 11:11 AM
68 123