Shipment of Nexus 5 Spigen GLAS t slim is on HOLD

6packer

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Just got a notice today from Spigen, there is an quality issue with the product that my 2 orders are temporary on-hold. I can choose to get refund, or wait few more weeks.
I don't have any choice but wait. There is no alternative. The iLoome folks still don't have product for N5 either as I asked.

Few more weeks without any protection :-(.
Use the PET film for now.

6packer

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Just received a note today that my orders have been shipped. Oh boy. Will they be any good? What's the problem folks? Am I expecting bubbles and will end up trashing them away?

Christian Jacob

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
There a few threads talking about the recall here and on XDA. I ordered and installed the GLAS.tR Slim and just like most of the people who installed it, the glass does not sit flush to the screen. They removed the products from the site and issued a recall as you mentioned. I chose to get the replacement for the GLAS.tR Nano and hopefully they worked out the quality issues. The glass screen protectors were manufactured and sold prior to the phone even being released so I guess despite being disappointed i'm not entirely surprised the first batches were flawed. I've attached pics of the 2 nexus 5s I installed the protectors for. The problem spots are basically exact same as other peoples, bottom left corner, and to the right of the ear speaker.

IMG_20131108_230851.jpg

download_20131108_230954.jpg

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Maybe its already been established but it seems to me that the issue would be due to the protector being a bit too big. My opinion is pretty irrelevant though.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty