Nokia DT-910 Qi wireless charger + Spigen cases = Do not work together

XSSIVE

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Just a heads up for anyone wanting to use the combo of a Nokia DT-910 and a Spigen case on their N5 (I tested it with both the Neo Hybrid and Slim Armor) the added thickness around the edge of the phone from either Spigen case I tested will stand the phone too high up on the DT-910 where it misses the "sweet spot" for charging. It won't work standing upside down either, I tried that. Take the case off and just use the bare caseless phone and it charges perfect on the DT-910. If you hold it sideways on the DT-910 it charges fine through either Spigen case so it's not the thickness of the back of the cases since they've been proven to work with the flat DT-900 Nokia it's just that the case thickness around the phones edge stands it up too tall and just out of range to charge on the vertical DT-910.

So, anyone need a DT-910 since it won't work for me with the Spigen Slim Armor I like best on the phone? :'(

To be clear, this is the DT-910

nokia_dt-910_wireless_charging_stand_-_black-21524112-xtra4.jpg

The flat DT-900 is fine with any case.

Last edited:

RandomNickname

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So is this an issue with the charger itself not sending enough juice through? I'm seeing in other threads where people are saying the NeoHybrid does Wireless charging fine (though I'm guessing with other chargers; they're not named). Just curious because I've got a NeoHybrid case, and REALLY like it, but also want to get a Qi charger.

guapinoy

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
So is this an issue with the charger itself not sending enough juice through? I'm seeing in other threads where people are saying the NeoHybrid does Wireless charging fine (though I'm guessing with other chargers; they're not named). Just curious because I've got a NeoHybrid case, and REALLY like it, but also want to get a Qi charger.

I think it's because this particular charger is angled. The flat ones have no problem with those cases.

Posted via Android Central App

XSSIVE

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I explained what causes it in my first post. It's not the back thickness of the case it's the edge thickness standing it too tall on the vertical DT-910 charger. The back thickness of either Spigen case mentioned has no negative effect on wireless charging on flat chargers or the LG Nexus orb it's just the combo of these cases and the vertical standing DT-910 not working together.