Nexus bumper case - official

hpsauce37

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Anyone any idea when we can expect this?

I've been looking 2-3 times a day since the phone was released and still nothing. Have tried speaking with Google support about it who are completely and utterly useless!

Just wonders if anyone has seen something I haven't about it.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

deandome

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
No, its the one that protects ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY NOTHING because it's still..almost a month after the phone's release...not available at Google Play.

You know...that one.

flick0416

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I was just wondering this myself. Maybe with a $35 price point, they just assume nobody's going to spend that much money on a case.

Posted via Android Central App

guitarizt

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I was just wondering this myself. Maybe with a $35 price point, they just assume nobody's going to spend that much money on a case.

I'd rather buy 3-4 other cases. The bumper on the Nexus 4 looked cool. The Nexus 5 case looks ugly. I wouldn't pay more than $6 shipped for the official Nexus 5 case, and that would be just to have it.

Nice avatar, flick. I'm from Michigan.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
A bumper that only protects the sides, top, and bottom shouldn't cost more than $7, IMO. A much more useful and not much bulk adding case can be had for only slightly more.

Capture.PNG

That's what I got and trust me, it add not much bulk at all and I can forget about the possibility of the back of my precious Nexus getting marred.

Ali Fazel

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
A bumper that only protects the sides, top, and bottom shouldn't cost more than $7, IMO. A much more useful and not much bulk adding case can be had for only slightly more.

That's what I got and trust me, it add not much bulk at all and I can forget about the possibility of the back of my precious Nexus getting marred.

I got the same one, but I'm not completely happy with it. It makes it hard to use slide in menus, especially Gmail and the Play Store.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I got the same one, but I'm not completely happy with it. It makes it hard to use slide in menus, especially Gmail and the Play Store.

Oh, I'm less than elated with it myself. It's a bit hard to press the buttons. Have you noticed that? ...but it was $10 so I'll cut it a break. Yes, should I have gotten the Spigen Neo Hybrid? Of course. ...because I'm prolly gonna get it anyways.

G Pad 8.3

Ali Fazel

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Oh, I'm less than elated with it myself. It's a bit hard to press the buttons. Have you noticed that? ...but it was $10 so I'll cut it a break. Yes, should I have gotten the Spigen Neo Hybrid? Of course. ...because I'm prolly gonna get it anyways.

G Pad 8.3

I haven't had any trouble with the buttons, but it makes holding the phone with one hand much less comfortable than no case. I've never really used a case on a phone before.

Turbod

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I didn't realize some of these cases weren't available yet. Is it a certain color that's the problem? I had ordered a gray one with my N5 on release day, and they both arrived together. I never actually opened the case, expected it to be an actual bumper case like the N4, but the N5's has a back. I actually went to process a return on it yesterday morning, and Google thoroughly impressed me, they are refunding me for the case and told me to just keep it. So now it's a backup in case for rough environments.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I've got around 50 bucks play store credit that I'd gladly use if Google would allow me to use it towards accessory purchases but they don't. I ordered the Spigen slim armor and it should be here tomorrow. Anyone have any experience with it?

Sent from my Nexus 5

Major Problem

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I was kind of interested in the red "Official" case, however it wasn't available when I ordered my Nexus 5.
I went with a Diztronic Flexible TPU Case instead ($10 + shipping).
If I were to order a case today I'd probably still take the Diztronic; $35 plus shipping just seems like a bit much.

consequence7

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I just got the red bumper today it feels really great and it makes the phone so comfortable to hold.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

flattie

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Got the red one today. It's a nice snug fit. As you'd expect, it makes the phone feel larger, particularly as it removes the rear curve of the phone. Still not sure what to make of the colour; it appears to be a sharp red on the play store, but it is closer to orange in real life. Still, I think it might be growing on me despite the initial disappointment. The material feels nice. Is it worth ?25? Probably not, but I'm a sucker for official accessories.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I received my yellow yesterday and it is definitely going back. I don't know what I was expecting but it just changed the feel of the phone (took away some of the curves and added bulk). The yellow is a bit of a different shade than online but close. The feel is ok but I prefer the phone naked. My Nexus 5 is back in the birthday suit!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox