Anyone any idea when we can expect this?

I've been looking 2-3 times a day since the phone was released and still nothing. Have tried speaking with Google support about it who are completely and utterly useless!

Just wonders if anyone has seen something I haven't about it.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    11-17-2013 03:00 PM
    Is this the one that only protects the sides and not the back at all?
    11-17-2013 06:24 PM
    No, its the one that protects ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY NOTHING because it's still..almost a month after the phone's release...not available at Google Play.

You know...that one.
    Ali Fazel likes this.
    11-18-2013 03:05 PM
    No, its the one that protects ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY NOTHING because it's still..almost a month after the phone's release...not available at Google Play.

You know...that one.
    Yep that's the one lol!

11-18-2013 03:27 PM
    I was just wondering this myself. Maybe with a $35 price point, they just assume nobody's going to spend that much money on a case.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-18-2013 07:06 PM
    I was just wondering this myself. Maybe with a $35 price point, they just assume nobody's going to spend that much money on a case.

I'd rather buy 3-4 other cases. The bumper on the Nexus 4 looked cool. The Nexus 5 case looks ugly. I wouldn't pay more than $6 shipped for the official Nexus 5 case, and that would be just to have it.

Nice avatar, flick. I'm from Michigan.
    11-19-2013 01:11 AM
    A bumper that only protects the sides, top, and bottom shouldn't cost more than $7, IMO. A much more useful and not much bulk adding case can be had for only slightly more.

Nexus bumper case - official-capture.png

That's what I got and trust me, it add not much bulk at all and I can forget about the possibility of the back of my precious Nexus getting marred.
    11-19-2013 07:29 AM
    Its official from Google...soon.
    11-19-2013 09:13 AM
    A bumper that only protects the sides, top, and bottom shouldn't cost more than $7, IMO. A much more useful and not much bulk adding case can be had for only slightly more.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	110 
Size:	177.9 KB 
ID:	92656

That's what I got and trust me, it add not much bulk at all and I can forget about the possibility of the back of my precious Nexus getting marred.
    I got the same one, but I'm not completely happy with it. It makes it hard to use slide in menus, especially Gmail and the Play Store.
    11-19-2013 02:06 PM
    I got the same one, but I'm not completely happy with it. It makes it hard to use slide in menus, especially Gmail and the Play Store.
    Oh, I'm less than elated with it myself. It's a bit hard to press the buttons. Have you noticed that? ...but it was $10 so I'll cut it a break. Yes, should I have gotten the Spigen Neo Hybrid? Of course. ...because I'm prolly gonna get it anyways.

G Pad 8.3
    11-19-2013 02:08 PM
    Oh, I'm less than elated with it myself. It's a bit hard to press the buttons. Have you noticed that? ...but it was $10 so I'll cut it a break. Yes, should I have gotten the Spigen Neo Hybrid? Of course. ...because I'm prolly gonna get it anyways.

G Pad 8.3
    I haven't had any trouble with the buttons, but it makes holding the phone with one hand much less comfortable than no case. I've never really used a case on a phone before.
    11-19-2013 02:14 PM
    That's funny. I've never used any smartphone WITHOUT a case (blackberry doesn't count, it's not really a smartphone.

G Pad 8.3
    Ali Fazel likes this.
    11-19-2013 02:21 PM
    I didn't realize some of these cases weren't available yet. Is it a certain color that's the problem? I had ordered a gray one with my N5 on release day, and they both arrived together. I never actually opened the case, expected it to be an actual bumper case like the N4, but the N5's has a back. I actually went to process a return on it yesterday morning, and Google thoroughly impressed me, they are refunding me for the case and told me to just keep it. So now it's a backup in case for rough environments.
    11-19-2013 06:25 PM
    see i was right
    11-19-2013 06:46 PM
    I've got around 50 bucks play store credit that I'd gladly use if Google would allow me to use it towards accessory purchases but they don't. I ordered the Spigen slim armor and it should be here tomorrow. Anyone have any experience with it?

Sent from my Nexus 5
    11-19-2013 07:20 PM
    The yellow and red just opened up on the play store.
    11-19-2013 09:21 PM
    I was kind of interested in the red "Official" case, however it wasn't available when I ordered my Nexus 5.
    I went with a Diztronic Flexible TPU Case instead ($10 + shipping).
    If I were to order a case today I'd probably still take the Diztronic; $35 plus shipping just seems like a bit much.
    tippmann15 likes this.
    11-19-2013 09:26 PM
    I just got the red bumper today it feels really great and it makes the phone so comfortable to hold.

11-21-2013 04:20 PM
    Got the red one today. It's a nice snug fit. As you'd expect, it makes the phone feel larger, particularly as it removes the rear curve of the phone. Still not sure what to make of the colour; it appears to be a sharp red on the play store, but it is closer to orange in real life. Still, I think it might be growing on me despite the initial disappointment. The material feels nice. Is it worth 25? Probably not, but I'm a sucker for official accessories.

11-22-2013 06:00 AM
    I received my yellow yesterday and it is definitely going back. I don't know what I was expecting but it just changed the feel of the phone (took away some of the curves and added bulk). The yellow is a bit of a different shade than online but close. The feel is ok but I prefer the phone naked. My Nexus 5 is back in the birthday suit!
    11-22-2013 09:09 AM
    I ordered the black bumper case as soon as it went on sale a few days ago. Although it wasn't supposed to ship until next week, it shipped yesterday and is arriving sometime today. I also noticed this morning that the black and red bumper cases are now listed as "out of stock" on the Play Store.
    11-22-2013 10:12 AM
    I received my yellow yesterday and it is definitely going back. I don't know what I was expecting but it just changed the feel of the phone (took away some of the curves and added bulk). The yellow is a bit of a different shade than online but close. The feel is ok but I prefer the phone naked. My Nexus 5 is back in the birthday suit!
    I was looking at this hard shell by LG...wonder if it would preserve the curve on the back.
    LG Hardshell (Black) for Nexus 5 - Android Cases
    11-23-2013 02:40 AM
    I was looking at this hard shell by LG...wonder if it would preserve the curve on the back.
    LG Hardshell (Black) for Nexus 5 - Android Cases
    This is the one i've been looking for!!! LG quick cover without the cover
    11-25-2013 02:48 PM
    I got the same case except mine is the all black one, it's a good case I recommend

11-30-2013 04:47 PM