I got the new charger and it works fine, but only if I use the USB cable that it came with that is annoyingly short. I tried every other micro USB cable that I have and even the cable it came with along with a standard USB extender cable and all they do is light up a red LED on the charger (I assume meaning a problem). When plugged in with the cable it came with there is no LED lit up and the phone charges correctly. The actual USB power adapter doesn't matter as I've tried several of those, just the cable.

Can anyone else confirm that a different cable either works or doesn't work? What could possibly be different about the cable? Google does say on the support page that other cables may not work. https://support.google.com/nexus/ans..._topic=3442692
    11-22-2013 02:17 AM
    yes the cable is short. also in the user manual it says "use the provided cable only - other cables may not work."
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    11-22-2013 08:40 AM
    I just set my phone on the charger at 88% and the screen lit up and the sound chimed in.... Looks like the phone has to be below 90% for the screen to light up and the sound to chime...
    11-22-2013 08:59 AM
    I don't get it....the white Qi pad I got off ebay for $14.30 (shipped) arrived yesterday. I plugged it into the first m-USB plug I found (for a cellphone), and it worked like a charm. Qi Wireless Charger for Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 S4 I9500 Charging Pad Receiver | eBay

Why on earth would you want to pay 3.5x more? It's not like a case, where the fit is critical. And I'm not anti-OEM...my red/orange Google Bumper case is shipping as I type this.
    11-22-2013 09:14 AM
    I don't get it....the white Qi pad I got off ebay for $14.30 (shipped) arrived yesterday. I plugged it into the first m-USB plug I found (for a cellphone), and it worked like a charm. Qi Wireless Charger for Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 S4 I9500 Charging Pad Receiver | eBay

Why on earth would you want to pay 3.5x more? It's not like a case, where the fit is critical. And I'm not anti-OEM...my red/orange Google Bumper case is shipping as I type this.
    Comes down to form, fit and style some times... I actually paid MORE than the Nexus 5 charger and got the TYLT VU at $69.99.... TYLT • VU • Wireless Charger and I love it... Great charger.. a little bulky if you had to pack it up in a suit case but I love how it's tilted up slightly towards you instead of laying flat on a desk.... Flat I'd be taking it off the charger all the time to check any notifications while on this I can just power on and swipe around without picking it up....... With tax and shipping the N5 Charger would have been $15 cheaper but I love the VU charger... It's perfect.... I could have gotten some for $19.99 or even less but I've also found in the past buying a cheaper option it didn't last as long or work as good.. You know the whole "You get what you pay for." way of thinking.. but I have gotten cheaper options on things that have worked and lasted forever... but not often... It's hit or miss when you go too cheap....
    11-22-2013 09:37 AM
    Comes down to form, fit and style some times... I actually paid MORE than the Nexus 5 charger and got the TYLT VU at $69.99.... TYLT • VU • Wireless Charger and I love it... Great charger.. a little bulky if you had to pack it up in a suit case but I love how it's tilted up slightly towards you instead of laying flat on a desk.... Flat I'd be taking it off the charger all the time to check any notifications while on this I can just power on and swipe around without picking it up....... With tax and shipping the N5 Charger would have been $15 cheaper but I love the VU charger... It's perfect.... I could have gotten some for $19.99 or even less but I've also found in the past buying a cheaper option it didn't last as long or work as good.. You know the whole "You get what you pay for." way of thinking.. but I have gotten cheaper options on things that have worked and lasted forever... but not often... It's hit or miss when you go too cheap....
    If you want another TYLT VU or for anyone else who is interested in it, you can get it for under $50 from T-Mobile with coupon code ACCOFFER18
    11-22-2013 10:23 AM
    If you want another TYLT VU or for anyone else who is interested in it, you can get it for under $50 from T-Mobile with coupon code ACCOFFER18
    Sweet.... for $50 I ordered a second one for the house.... I love this little charger.... I'll try and sell the Nexus 4 Orb on craigslist or online..... I like this charger a lot better...

Thanks....
    11-22-2013 01:32 PM
    Just ordered my nexus wireless charger. I am looking forward to using it on all my nexus devices.
    11-22-2013 01:40 PM
    So what you're saying is because you can find a cheaper Qi charger on eBay, the OEM charger can't be worth the extra cost?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    12-01-2013 08:27 PM
    So what you're saying is because you can find a cheaper Qi charger on eBay, the OEM charger can't be worth the extra cost?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, they shouldn't make Corvettes since a Chevy Spark could get you to work just fine!
    Gwaron likes this.
    12-01-2013 10:53 PM
    No, I'm saying why spend more for an OEM car battery when aftermarket ones give you IDENTICAL functionality & specs (or much better, in many cases) for less money. Actually, that analogy falls a little short, too, as the battery isn't THREE TIMES LESS EXPENSIVE, but just 25% or so.

Let's go with comparing a $40, Monster Cable HDMI cable vs. a $10 Monoprice one. You know...something where the more expensive one not only does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING better than the cheaper one, but is also more finicky about connections.

Yeah, they shouldn't make Corvettes since a Chevy Spark could get you to work just fine!
    12-02-2013 07:57 AM
    No, I'm saying why spend more for an OEM car battery when aftermarket ones give you IDENTICAL functionality & specs (or much better, in many cases) for less money. Actually, that analogy falls a little short, too, as the battery isn't THREE TIMES LESS EXPENSIVE, but just 25% or so.

Let's go with comparing a $40, Monster Cable HDMI cable vs. a $10 Monoprice one. You know...something where the more expensive one not only does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING better than the cheaper one, but is also more finicky about connections.
    I paid a lot for the Zens wireless charger and I love it, except that the cord split and the bare wires shocked me one day. They're sending me a new cord which is awesome, but when I ordered the Nexus 5 I also ordered the charger to go along with it so I can leave the Zens at home and bring the Nexus charger to work at my desk.

I get what you're saying, but when it comes to batteries and cables and chargers I REALLY struggle to not buy OEM because of problems i've had in the past. I didn't want the Zens either but my USB on my S3 was on the fritz and wireless was my only option and Zens offered the compatible battery cover for it. If I can pay 50 to Google and I KNOW that it will not only be compatible, but will also function properly, it's worth it over a $15 Amazon crap shoot that could turn into a $30 crap shoot and so on and so forth. I never know what potential problems could arise from trying to save $35. If I just spent $500 on a phone, a 35 difference isn't huge if I can have peace of mind.
    12-02-2013 03:43 PM
    I got the Nokia 900 is only . 75 Military amps so I thought it would slow charge. I was wrong it charge faster than the factory 1.2 one thing is not USB you have to use the cable and power supply that came with it
    And I pay 26 at Amazon

Posted via Android Central App
    12-09-2013 04:33 PM
    Anyone try the Nexus charger in the car with just using the plug in not the 110 volt outlet. Mine works only some of the time, other times the red light comes on.
    12-10-2013 10:55 AM
    I bought the TYLT VU after seeing the reference in this thread, from TMobile with a 30% off offer in my bill, so $50 delivered more or less. Love it.
    I love it so much I ordered another for my office and one for my wife's Nexus 5 when TYLT has their "black friday/cyber monday" sale ( but the demand crashed their site.....). 50% off.
    Alas the sale was so successful that they were swamped and I have tracking saying my Dec 9 order wasn't shipped until 12/19 and won't land in South Florida until 12/27. Some Christmas gift, huh?
    Anyway three coils and non-critical positioning, charges as fast a cable on the factory adapter. Only minus is it's a 12v power supply and doesn't use a USB cable at all. Probably best, so as to prevent someone from using a 5v wall wart and complaining that the device doesn't work, or works slow....

Next I need a car mount/inductive charger........
    12-23-2013 04:55 PM
    How long is this code good for? Does anyone know??
    12-23-2013 08:03 PM
    Good until Dec 31, 2013 on the one I have!!!!
    12-24-2013 07:03 AM
    Most all T-Mobile cell phone accessories are 25% off until 2/15/14 (online only)....including the prepaid refill cards. Anyone able to clue me in if these cards will work fine for paying the bill of my $30/month online only plan? If so, I'm going to be ordering quite a few to ensure an even tinier phone bill over the next year or so.

Cell Phone Accessories | Bluetooth, Cell Phone Cases & Covers | T-Mobile
    12-31-2013 05:01 AM