Replacement battery

Tvppy

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I must not be the only one who thinks the battery on the Nexus 5 is pretty rubbish.

I was wondering if there's any websites I can buy a higher mAh battery from to put in my phone. It runs out just after work and I'd like to use it for the day without 2 charges.

Also does it require any soldering to replace the battery?

P.S, UK sites would be appreciated, or those who ship to the UK

Posted via Android Central App

aspot72

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I must not be the only one who thinks the battery on the Nexus 5 is pretty rubbish.

I was wondering if there's any websites I can buy a higher mAh battery from to put in my phone. It runs out just after work and I'd like to use it for the day without 2 charges.

Before you xchange your battery try few things :
  • calibrate battery
    check your apps for wakelock
    switch off LTE if poor or no coverage

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site

The battery is not replaceable and there is no room inside for a larger one.

ianhanson85

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Aliexpress.com I ordered 3830MAH battery will get soon. will write how it's going.. It's possible to change.. http://www.androidpit.com/how-to-manually-replace-nexus-5-battery

Posted via the Android Central App

Could this have any negative effects on the phone? Very curious to see/hear your results. It looks like changing the battery is pretty easy. With all the complaints about battery life why aren't more people doing this?

Posted via the Android Central App