Nexus 5 Case without side raised edges

scmartins

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I've recently ordered a Nexus 5 that should be delivered next week.

I'm looking at cases but all that I've found so far have raised side edges. On my current phone (Samsung Galaxy S3) I have a Cool Vent Case which doesn't have side raised edges.

Anyone has seen any case that resembles the one from the picture below?

anymode-coin-cover-mesh-case-samsung-galaxy-s3-stand-siii-1206-18-junelaw@1.jpg61vwfhW1t9L._SY550_.jpgIMG_0812.jpgofficial-samsung-galaxy-s3-mesh-vent-case-black-p35405-d.jpgofficial-samsung-galaxy-s3-mesh-vent-case-black-p35405-e.jpg

Thanks!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't think any cases that are designed that way are available for the Nexus 5. Does the raised lip cause you problems?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

scmartins

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't think any cases that are designed that way are available for the Nexus 5. Does the raised lip cause you problems?

I've recently swapped out the case of my Galaxy S3 to one that has raised side edges and the feel and functionality of the phone changes dramatically (to me). I'm used to not have the constriction of the side edges when using the thumbs so adding them makes a difference to me.

I guess I'll use just a screen protector and try to be as careful as possible to avoid any drops of the N5. Thanks for the reply.

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I guess I'll use just a screen protector and try to be as careful as possible to avoid any drops of the N5. Thanks for the reply.

If you want to protect the back without raising the edges on the front, you could go with a dbrand skin instead. They were quite popular with the Nexus 4 because of the desire to cover/protect its glass back, and the quality is quite good. dbrand came out with a full line of skins for the Nexus 5 as well:
Nexus 5 Skins | Carbon Fiber Nexus 5 Skins | dbrand

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12