LG QuickCover users?

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Yes it fits in your pocket. If the Nexus 5 fits in your pocket...well you get where I am going with this.

Silas0220

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It's pretty much the same size at the Nexus 5...I don't get the question.

Very slim case, nice feel over all. A few minor concerns: I feel like I over paid and I wish it said "Nexus. I also wish there was a magnet on the right side, it's occasionally annoying that the cover doesn't stay closed on its own. Sometimes lint or other junk gets stuck between the flip cover and the screen - this results in it getting mashed between the two and making for a smeary screen - exactly the situation I was trying to avoid with the quick cover in the first place. That's annoying. If you tend to hold the phone like I do, with your little finger curled underneath for support, you'll be annoyed by the fact that the case has sharp edges on the bottom.

Otherwise, it's a really nice case. Well made, holds the phone well, feels nice in my hand. The flip cover takes some getting used to, but I'd say give it two week of use before you judge it, you'll forget you ever used the phone without it. Once you do, you'll love it.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
For those landing on this thread, I recently bought a white LG QuickCover from Expansys, and couldn't be happier. The case fits the Nexus 5 like a glove, and is thin enough that it adds hardly any bulk. The cover does not stay closed, but DOES have a sleep magnet to put the screen to sleep when closed. The white cover suits the white-backed N5 as the cover starts right where the white back does at the bottom by the microUSB port.

The cover easily swings around to the back, allowing one-handed holding, and access to the volume buttons. It even charges on the 2013 Nexus wireless charger with the cover folded back (doesn't position as well; more on that later). Better, the "hinge" of the cover has little indentations where the volume buttons are so you can adjust the volume without uncovering the screen. The hole over the earpiece and the cutout on the bottom allows a conversation with the cover closed, which can't be unintentional. So say goodbye to smeared screen from facial oil after a conversation without a earbud or BT headset.

The back of the case has a square plate concealing magnets for placement on the Nexus wireless charger. With this cover, the phone practically jumps to the proper position. No kidding! Almost better than the phone's physical back; the magnets must be closer to the surface on this cover. I've gotten as much as 800mA charging current (battery at 20%) with this cover on. 20% to 100% in 2.5 hours with this cover on. Pffft to the wireless charging naysayers.

One caveat, this is a really SLIM case, so it can't offer much protection other than from scratches and gouges being in a pocket with keys, etc. For drop protection, a bulkier folio or bumper case is definitely called for.

I don't recall what they originally sold for, but at the 2016 price, this is a steal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463