Nexus 5: Official LG slim case

dgravo

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I just received the oem LG slim plastic case for the Nexus 5 yesterday and so far I really like it. Retains the soft touch feel and is the the most minimalistic I have found. Kind of expensive but I think I found a keeper. Great feel in the hand!image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    849.2 KB · Views: 70
Last edited by a moderator:

dgravo

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: Official LG slim case

I actually ordered from Amazon. It is not the same one from the Google Play store. It is hard plastic and the Google Play is a rubber material. The oem LG one is much slimmer. Search for AAA75187801 Hardshell Nexus 5 Black.

dgravo

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

It is not as nice as the naked phone but feels good nonetheless. Fits like an absolute glove.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

I really like this case. I did the search for what you stated and the only thing it comes up with is a white one that looks like the Google play store one. Yours looks like it would be the case with the one with the flip cover but has all the sides. could you post a link to the exact item. Thanks.

I did a Google search and it comes up with an ebay listing from the seller puremobile. No picture tho.

g2_havok

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site

i used to be a huge fan of slim cases... until i accidently dropped my G2 and the slim case did NOTHING to protect it from impact. slim cases are only good for scratch protection imho.

i won't be buying "slim" cases again, especially as phones get bigger and more sophisticated, there is so much more internals to protect from impact damage.

dgravo

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

I really like this case. I did the search for what you stated and the only thing it comes up with is a white one that looks like the Google play store one. Yours looks like it would be the case with the one with the flip cover but has all the sides. could you post a link to the exact item. Thanks.

I did a Google search and it comes up with an ebay listing from the seller puremobile. No picture tho.

Pure mobile was the seller on Amazon also. That should be the same item.

homerun79

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site

Also worth considering is the Spigen Ultra Fit case which I bought on amazon.ca for $11.99. It appears to be identical to the LG case.

phoneguru9

May 7, 2013
Visit site

I think you are looking for this. That's the LG case from PureMobile. $17 with free shipping, and really nice.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

The case came in yesterday. Very nice, high quality, and very very thin. Only made for cosmetic protection on the rear/sides/ and top. I think if you drop the phone, the case and the phone are gonna get some damage. Overall its a good looking, perfect fit case.

Sent from my Nexus 5

longwayofdrums

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

No. That's probably the biggest difference between this case and something like the Ringke Slim. The fit's probably not as tight too, though I suppose you need it less if you aren't going to turn it upside down. That's something I only occasionally did with my Nexus 4 though, and I only did that because of the rear speaker.

Mainly I went with this case because I read reviews of both the Spigen and Rearth/Ringke scratching phones because the cases were too tight. It's decent. Not as thick or protective as the Ringke Slim for my Nexus 4 (which was an excellent case), but I'm happy enough with it.

sMt73

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site

No. That's probably the biggest difference between this case and something like the Ringke Slim. The fit's probably not as tight too, though I suppose you need it less if you aren't going to turn it upside down. That's something I only occasionally did with my Nexus 4 though, and I only did that because of the rear speaker.

Mainly I went with this case because I read reviews of both the Spigen and Rearth/Ringke scratching phones because the cases were too tight. It's decent. Not as thick or protective as the Ringke Slim for my Nexus 4 (which was an excellent case), but I'm happy enough with it.

Does the case cover the Power Button / Volume Rocker?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol