Nexus 5: dbrand skins vs cases

Paskell

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Basically just my preference but I've had a few so called slim cases on my N5 and they are annoying so I looked for other options. Yeah the dbrand skins give no real protection but I personally have the black leather one and it adds more grip to the back and sides of the phone also protects it from being scratched. I have had it on for over 2 months and it is excellent. Just tossing this out there for people who are not a fan of cases and who love the feel of a naked phone

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: dbrand skins vs cases

Basically just my preference but I've had a few so called slim cases on my N5 and they are annoying so I looked for other options. Yeah the dbrand skins give no real protection but I personally have the black leather one and it adds more grip to the back and sides of the phone also protects it from being scratched. I have had it on for over 2 months and it is excellent. Just tossing this out there for people who are not a fan of cases and who love the feel of a naked phone

I have a naked phone, but I've really wanted to buy the dbrand skins - they all look amazing online. From personal experience have you tried only the one on the N5? does it take anything away from the phone in reference to how it feels? I love the back of my nexus 5 black - but I'm tempted to get a dbrand skin. Do you know if you can only buy them online? I am from the UK but visiting Vegas next week so would be good to pick one up in a store if possible

Paskell

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: dbrand skins vs cases

I have only had it on my nexus 5. I have the leather skin it is not as smooth as the smooth nexus back but it has a tad more grip same with the sides. And I like the fact that they will leave no residue if you take it off. I do know they are made in Canada and shipped from Canada shipping is not very much though

mikef1182

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I've bought at least 10 Dbrand skins for various phones including the Nexus 5 and they are always top quality. They go on easily and I've never had any issues. Great product.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze