I think I just found the best thin case for nexus 5

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's a little slippery, though, despite the textured hard plastic. I wouldn't mind some rubberization, like on yours.

bogellenong

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
It's a little slippery, though, despite the textured hard plastic. I wouldn't mind some rubberization, like on yours.

yeah, I am actually surprised on the feel of this case. It feels exactly the same as if you are touching the back of the black nexus 5, literally no difference

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
If you want rubbery, get this: Amazon.com: [DROP PROTECTION] RINGKE FUSION® Google Nexus 5 Case Bumper [CRYSTAL VIEW] The Best Selling Shock Absorption Bumper + Anti Scratch Clear Back Panel + Design It Yourself Active Touch Technology Premium Hybrid Hard Case [Eco/DIY Package] f

It has amazing gripability, and I never feel like it's going to slip out of my hand. I found it on ebay for $6 and free shipping. I have a bunch of different cases I use for my N5, and this is without a doubt the best "feeling" case I've ever had.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! Maybe I'll give it try at some point. Does it slip into and out of a pocket easily? That's the balance that can be hard to find--grippable enough that it doesn't slip out of the hand easily, but smooth enough that it doesn't get caught up in fabric. I've dropped phones before because the case got stuck in my pocket, then flew out when I got it free.:(

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! Maybe I'll give it try at some point. Does it slip into and out of a pocket easily? That's the balance that can be hard to find--grippable enough that it doesn't slip out of the hand easily, but smooth enough that it doesn't get caught up in fabric. I've dropped phones before because the case got stuck in my pocket, then flew out when I got it free.:(
I honestly don't know about putting it in my pockets, as I've (believe it or not) never put any phone I've ever had in my pockets. I always use a holster or carry it in my hand.

But, I just tried it, and I don't have any problems getting it out of my pocket. It's tacky enough for your hands, but it doesn't stick to fabric.

map1978

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
When I click on the original link it brings me to an updated version possibly - looks like a snap on that looks exactly like the back panel of the phone - too brand its a fr link

KidCuda

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Not knocking this case, but I really love the official Google snap case too. I like how it has a lip so I can put it face down on a table.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Not knocking this case, but I really love the official Google snap case too. I like how it has a lip so I can put it face down on a table.

You can get those on ebay for around $9. Sure they're counterfeits, but the quality is real good. Bought several colors and love them.

Damoun

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Seems like it adds a lot of width to the device, doesn't it? I have rather small hands so for example the neo hybrid case from spigen made my n5 too wide for me to hold comfortably.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid