Wireless charging

jaleelhamid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I have never tried wireless charging is it worth it? Also can you still use the phone while it's charging or does it need to be put on charger? Thank you

Wayne Sanders

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Just read that wireless charging puts quite a bit of heat on the phone/battery. Heat is one of the worst things for a lithium ion battery.
I have no idea if you can stillbeableto use the phone while charging.

Sent from my most awsome note 3

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The charger plate gets a bit warm. If the phone is in a case (I use an Otterbox Defender) the battery doesn't get too warm. (The receiver warms up a bit, but not enough to shorten the life of the battery.) The maximum temperature before the battery is affected (during charging, it's different during discharging) is 45C (around 113F), and the battery seldom gets that warm during wireless charging.

And the phone has to be sitting on the charger when it's charging, so you can use it as a computer (pressing the screen), you can use wired headphones, speakerphone or a Bluetooth headset - but you can't charge and hold it to your head unless you use a rubber band to hold the phone to the charger and hold the whole thing up to your head.