Will Universal Naked Driver work?

edab

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I have a Nexus 5 scheduled for delivery today and first thing out of the box will be to unlock the bootloader. I have the "Universal_Naked_Driver_0.72" install on my Windows 8.1 computer and works great with my Nexus 4. Does anyone know if this will be compatible with the new Nexus 5?.............. Thanks in advance

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Drivers

It should. Otherwise using PDAnet to make the driver installation and connection works to.

Sent from my HTC ONE using AC Forums mobile app

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

Can't wait to fastboot oem unlock then fastboot flash... today.

haha no chit man. Exactly my thoughts. Only not today for me. Ordered mine way late like on the 2nd, so I gotta wait abit.
I heard there is a 180 meg update on first powerup for some fixes. Franco and faux123 have kernels ready to flash. Let er rip.
I was wondering when this hacking section was gonna open up. Slackin eh Paul? :eek::D

MkVsTheWorld

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site

I have a Nexus 5 scheduled for delivery today and first thing out of the box will be to unlock the bootloader. I have the "Universal_Naked_Driver_0.72" install on my Windows 8.1 computer and works great with my Nexus 4. Does anyone know if this will be compatible with the new Nexus 5?.............. Thanks in advance

I think so, if it doesn't work then you can use this guide. It has a download link for the driver...
http://www.theandroidsoul.com/nexus-5-driver-adb-fastboot-installation-guide/

I unlocked, flashed a custom recovery, and rooted following the guide here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2507905

But, virtually everything is the same except for the CWM or TWRP files. I think you can recycle old Nexus 4 instructions and everything else. I got my Nexus 5 yesterday and am absolutely loving it!

Posted via Android Central App

edab

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site

I think so, if it doesn't work then you can use this guide. It has a download link for the driver...
Nexus 5 Driver (ADB and Fastboot) Installation Guide

I unlocked, flashed a custom recovery, and rooted following the guide here:

[GUIDE] Nexus 5 - How to Unlock Bootloader, Install Custom Recovery and Root - xda-developers

But, virtually everything is the same except for the CWM or TWRP files. I think you can recycle old Nexus 4 instructions and everything else. I got my Nexus 5 yesterday and am absolutely loving it!

Posted via Android Central App

I did have to update the drivers for the N5 don't know why but the ones I have downloaded for the N4 wouldn't work........... Anyhoo, I've got my new N5 unlocked, rocking & rolling on at&t and loving it as well................

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

came from a GNEX and drivers were an issue on N5. PC recognized the device correctly but it wasn't being recognized in ADB. Downloaded the SDK drivers and all was well...

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

I don't recall the source of my drivers that worked for both by N4 and N7 2013, but I didn't need to reinstall anything for my N5. Just plugged it to my PC and it worked. Unlocked, CWM & root. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon