Wugfresh toolkit 4.4.1?

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys. So I'm new to all this, sorry if this is obvious. I used the toolkit today to unlock and root my Nexus 7 2012.

I didn't see 4.4.1 in the toolkit.

Will I lose 4.4.1 if I root and unlock using WF's toolkit?

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
If you already have 4.4.1 you wouldn't lose it but I might hold off until the NRT is able to locate 4.4.1 and install it itself, in case there's any incompatibilities in NRT 1.7.9 with KK4.4.1

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
If you already have 4.4.1 you wouldn't lose it but I might hold off until the NRT is able to locate 4.4.1 and install it itself, in case there's any incompatibilities in NRT 1.7.9 with KK4.4.1

Actually went ahead with it. Side loaded 4.4.2 and then rooted with NRT. All went well.

Now I understand why people like titanium backup. Just bought that so I don't have to spend so much time setting up my phone again!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Now I understand why people like titanium backup. Just bought that so I don't have to spend so much time setting up my phone again!

Keep in mind that Titanium Backup also has a good feature to backup sms, call logs and WiFi access points - not many people are aware of these features. Such a great utility app to have.

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind that Titanium Backup also has a good feature to backup sms, call logs and WiFi access points - not many people are aware of these features. Such a great utility app to have.

Yes, I saw/see that. I used the recommended apps in NRT, but they didn't work well. I'm going titanium backup from now on and learning how to do the whole root thing manually.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Actually went ahead with it. Side loaded 4.4.2 and then rooted with NRT. All went well.

That's what I did with my Nexus 7 (2012) Mobile, except I didn't sideload 4.4.2. It came through OTA. I just used NRT to root it again after the update.For the Android build, I chose "Android *.*.* - Any Build". I don't think it matters at all which you choose if you're not flashing a ROM with NRT.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I saw/see that. I used the recommended apps in NRT, but they didn't work well. I'm going titanium backup from now on and learning how to do the whole root thing manually.

Let us know if you have any questions or need any assistance - We're all here to help :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol