TiBu File Will NOT Copy to PC from Nexus 5

BlackLS3

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I've been searching high and low for a solution to this ridiculously simple problem, but none of them work. I just installed Titanium Backup on my rooted N5 and ran my initial backup. After completion, I connect to my PC via USB and browse to where the 'TitaniumBackup' file is located on the N5 (/storage/emulated/legacy/TitaniumBackup - file is 4kb in size). I cannot copy this file over to my Win7 PC no matter how I try to do it. USB debugging is enabled and I have rebooted the phone several times with no luck.

What stupid thing am I missing here? Will I also need to copy the 'TitamiumBackup' folder over as well since the file noted above is only 4kb?

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
It may be protected. If you are using Pro you can back up/sync to your Dropbox or Google Drive account.

Alternative: Try force closing the app and then making a copy.

DannyB_UK

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

did you guys ever resolve this? its driving my crazy!

I have the same problem.

Moving from Nexus 5 16GB > 32GB and update.zip isnt even generated in 'Computer\Nexus 5\Internal storage\storage\emulated\legacy' and TitaniumBackup file is only 4kb :(

Danny

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,

did you guys ever resolve this? its driving my crazy!

I have the same problem.

Moving from Nexus 5 16GB > 32GB and update.zip isnt even generated in 'Computer\Nexus 5\Internal storage\storage\emulated\legacy' and TitaniumBackup file is only 4kb :(

Danny
Save the file locally (SD Card) then move to the PC. Make sure you have selected the right backup option and that all the apps are backed up.

If that doesn't work then I'd suggest another method, such as backing up to Dropbox, and see if that helps.

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem, now that I've flashed Lollipop on my N5. I made a fresh copy of backups using Titanium Backup, connected my N5 to my MacBook Pro and looked at the contents of the phone using the Android File Transfer tool. For some reason, it shows all the folders BUT TitaniumBackup. I go back to the phone and view the directory using Astro. Sure enough, the TitaniumBackup folder (and all its contents) is there. I rebooted both the phone and the Mac, to no avail.

I ended up using DropBox to copy the backup files to the computer. It worked, but it sure took a long time! I still have no idea what's wrong. It used to work perfectly when I had a 4.4.4-based custom ROM on the N5.

phelme

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
it's a new happy, better protected Kit-Kat world. :)

the issue is you don't have necessarily root access. I find even the Nexus Root Toolkit, which is usually pretty good, has issues and can't build a complete file listing of emulated storage. It worked fine on my Nexus 7, but failed miserably on my Nexus 5.

The most reliable way is to install the basic Android SDK and use "adb pull /storage/emulated/0/" over USB. if you're rooted, you can use Chainfire's "adbd Insecure" apk on your device to make sure and have access to every file.

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
the issue is you don't have necessarily root access. I find even the Nexus Root Toolkit, which is usually pretty good, has issues and can't build a complete file listing of emulated storage. It worked fine on my Nexus 7, but failed miserably on my Nexus 5.

The most reliable way is to install the basic Android SDK and use "adb pull /storage/emulated/0/" over USB. if you're rooted, you can use Chainfire's "adbd Insecure" apk on your device to make sure and have access to every file.

Cool, thanks. I do have the SDK intalled on my Mac. I will use adb from now on. I may also try the "adbd insecure" tool you mentioned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech