Droidkang rom and custom kernels on the Nexus 5

chrispher86

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know why custom kernels such as Franco or Faux123 do not work with droidkang rom v19-Android 4.4.2? When I try to flash the kernel, phone gets stuck on Google bootloop upon reboot. If I do manage to get the phone booted up, I lose root. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Most likely those kernels are built on a version of source code that isn't working with that ROM your trying to flash so its making them incompatible. Franco I have used many times in the past on Nexus devices and he stays current with source code releases, tweaks and has one of the best reputations so I'm going to point to the ROM in this case.

chrispher86

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I believe when I was on v12 I could still do custom kernels. I'm searching for different roms but just can't find one that I like as much as this one. I've flashed purity with faux123 and just didn't like it.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if you found the answer, but it could be that your ROM is built from CM sources, which no longer support kernels built from aosp sources, such as Franco.

chrispher86

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Ah. That would've been the reason then. I've since switched to beanstalk rom. I've been using it for about 2 weeks and I like it for the most part except I never know when I'm gonna get a random reboot. It happens like 7-15 times a day.

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Ah. That would've been the reason then. I've since switched to beanstalk rom. I've been using it for about 2 weeks and I like it for the most part except I never know when I'm gonna get a random reboot. It happens like 7-15 times a day.

Posted via Android Central App

Are you still having reboot problems? Check the developer thread to see if that's a known issue. Aside from that, how's the ROM?

Goodfella1978

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Sorry to jump in unannounced, but I thought I'd give my feedback on Beanstalk. I've used CM11 for ages now using nightlies on my Nexus 5 and have been running M3, M4 and now the M5 version and I just LOVE CM11 and couldn't think of going back to stock, BUT... a few days ago I tried Beanstalk using Multi Rom so I could boot it alongside CM and my god, it is such a fantastic ROM. It is so customisable it makes CM look restricted! There's a LOT to explore in there and I just love tailoring to my exact (fussy) requirements. Haven't had any random reboots myself but Beanstalk will definitely be my daily driver from now on.

Via Android Central App from my Nexus 5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513