Lollipop help

david Isaac

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I got a notification today that the 5.0 update was available and I clicked it. I didn't give it a thought that my device was rooted and the update failed. I don't particularly need a rooted device so I followed some online instructions to unroot my Nexus 5 and restore it to the day it was new.

The unroot procedure seemed to work and afterwards I had to run though system updates for 4.2, 4.3 and 4.4 but it's stopped there and my device is saying its up to date now as though the 5.0 update is no longer available. Does anyone know why this has happened?

Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
When you accepted the update, it probably told the servers that you got that version of Android. You can try flashing the stock images either through ADB or a toolkit.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The update is available only once every 24 hours. Either wait until tomorrow or reset the phone's clock ahead by one day.

macroguy07

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I was rooted with KitKat 4.4 running on my Nexus 5. I downloaded the free all in one Nexus Root Tool Kit.

I chose to Flash it to factory image and told it my factory image was Lollipop and not KitKat, the program downloaded Lollipop and flashed my phone.

I now have a fresh and clean version of Lollipop OS running with no lag and is buttery smooth.

http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Posted via my Nexus 5 with Lollipop

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I got a question about lollipop as well if I can jump in... Does the new lock screen notifications light up the device when you get a new notification (like how it does on iOS and the iPhone)?

I would love for it to turn on the screen so I can see the notification right away. Any way to do that on the nexus 5?

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
ACDisplay will do that, but on lollipop acting on the notification brings you to the lockscreen, and after unlocking then it brings you to the app.

Still, useful for seeing what the notification is and deciding whether or not you want to go to it. I haven't seen it being a battery hog.

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 via Android Central App

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I got a question about lollipop as well if I can jump in... Does the new lock screen notifications light up the device when you get a new notification (like how it does on iOS and the iPhone)?

I would love for it to turn on the screen so I can see the notification right away. Any way to do that on the nexus 5?
You may be talking about the new Ambient Display feature. If so, I believe it is only available on the Nexus 6.