Unable to install 5.1 OTA via sideloading

arjen82

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

I am trying to install the 5.1 OTA image onto my Nexus 5 (currently on 5.0.1, stock firmware/bootloader, data is encrypted and not rooted). When in the 'apply update from ADB' status I am able to startup loading the OTA image, but it can't complete loading the image to the phone. During the transferring of the files the phone screen shifts from showing the files being transferred to a screen showing 'No command' (and the command prompt on my computer showing: "serving: 'e16268c5a3df75a65054ab258d7d615288b7e3b4.signed-hammerhead-ota-LMY47D-from-LRX22C-radio-restricted.zip' (~12%) * failed to read command:"

Tried a couple of times, it failed at different points (sometimes below 10% at the most around 15%). After the 'No command' screen when I try to go into the 'apply update from ADB' mode I immediately get a time out error. I need to reboot back into the bootloader to be able to try again.

Anyone seen this before? Any solutions?

arjen82

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Okay, figured it out; for me it was a broken cable. good enough to make a connection and start up the process, not good enough to keep the connection alive for the couple of minutes required to complete the file transfer.
Now using a better cable and the installation is running smoothly.

Soon I will be enjoying 5.1 on my Nexus 5...

arjen82

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Okay, figured it out; for me it was a broken cable. good enough to make a connection and start up the process, not good enough to keep the connection alive for the couple of minutes required to complete the file transfer.
Now using a better cable and the installation is running smoothly.

Soon I will be enjoying 5.1 on my Nexus 5...

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
You're lucky. I can't get my terminal command line to even recognize my N5. I've tried every command that i can think of, including a brand new data cable. Is there some magical code that i need to type into the terminal? :mad:

naschmid

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I get to the recovery mode screen, and suddenly my computer no longer finds my device to be able to send the zip file. Any thoughts?

VAVA Mk2

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Use WugFresh NRT and force flash 5.1 without data wipe from the factory image. I did it and it works great. Easy too.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I got it. I was not using the correct commands for the directory that i was in. I don't think WugFresh would've helped me, as i use a MacBook Pro.:p