USB C car charger?

dgbullfrog

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Anyone using a USB C car charger? Does it do a fast charge or is it just a regular charge? Wondering whether to get a USB C car charger or just get the USB C to A adapters

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Anyone using a USB C car charger? Does it do a fast charge or is it just a regular charge? Wondering whether to get a USB C car charger or just get the USB C to A adapters

Welcome to Android Central!

I use an adapter and with my QC 2.0 car charger and it chargers the phone pretty fast. Probably not as fast as the stock charger but sill pretty fast.

Equinsu ocha

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
monoprice sells a USB C cigarette lighter charger which I eventually intend to purchase.

In the meantime I am using my old car charger and plugging my USB to USB C cable (purchased from google when I got my phone) into the apple side of the charger. The phone reports it is slow charging but it still charges enough that I can use my phone as a GPS and it still manages to charge the phone at the same time.

anon(322956)

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I purchased a Lightning Fast USB Type C car charger from Amazon. Shipped today so I'll get it on Friday. I'll let you know if it's actually fast charging or not. Is on sale for $11.77.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I purchased a Lightning Fast USB Type C car charger from Amazon. Shipped today so I'll get it on Friday. I'll let you know if it's actually fast charging or not. Is on sale for $11.77.
I'm guessing that you might have received it by now. So is it, or is it too soon to tell?

bulabula

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
To add my .02, I'm using both a Nekteck C charger and a Tronsmart C rapid car charger and both have worked fine. My work iPhone also likes it when I plug it into the spare USB port. Got them on amazon. YMMV...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad