What modifications have you made to your Nexus 5X?

Let's see them.
    12-17-2015 10:44 PM
    I am running Omni Rom and am really pleased with this ROMs behavior, it never protests, butter smooth and fast.
    I want to share an option I found that enables to run the old and new versions of Google Maps side by side that is working on my 5X on this ROM.

If you don't like the new version you are not alone. Look at the reviews on the market and Google it up and you will see we are not alone. To have both available is nice.

Fellow xda member "genius.lizard2" has a post with downloads+++Here+++.

The only issue I see is when the Navigation (Blue Arrow) shortcut icon for the older version is opened my " Stared" items do not show when you slide to it.
    But when in there or in Maps and you drop down the list in the top left corner the and select "My Places" and everything is there.
    The other items in the Navigation window work. Not a Biggy.
    When I create a new "stared" item it updates on both versions.
    So the old and new do login and update.

My work flow:
    (0) Just for peace of mind I make a backup and make sure the new Maps version is not running or sitting in recent's.
    (1) Downloaded "Old_Google_Maps_6.14.4-NO_Navigation_mod-Installable.zip" to a folder on my PC.
    (2) Extract "MapsD (NimaGL2 Default Edition).apk" into said folder.
    (3) Dropped "MapsD (NimaGL2 Default Edition).apk" onto to root of my 5X SDCard.
    (4) Used Root Explorer to move it into the system/app/ folder. (some of those folks with other devices had to put it into the system/priv-app)
    (5) Changed the file permissions to rw-r-r. A Must Do!
    (6) Reboot. Don't try to run it before re-booting, it will act up and show errors, just re-boot.
    (7) Open and enjoy.

The first few time or two it says the login fails. I had to go into the maps settings and choose log in but after a couple times and rebooting they both run, login and update without issue.

I can run routes on both versions at the same time and swap to and fro between them in the recents' on the fly!

I'll attach it here but go over and give thanks and read.
    01-24-2016 10:32 PM
    Anybody have the stereo speaker mod activated? I'm curious about that and wish I could be done without rooting because I have not rooted yet. This is the longest I've gone without rooting a phone. I usually get it and root as soon as possible. There's not much this phone doesn't do that I need to root it for, but the stereo mod and possibly better battery life are the only two things that are important to me. I've gone back and forth with rooting or not rooting so not sure what I'm going to do, but I'm guessing eventually I will cave in root.

Posted via my Nexus 5X & T-Mobile Unlimited
    01-25-2016 02:52 PM
    I am running the PureNexus ROM with the ElementalX Kernel flashed and it has a sound adjustment that's over the top. Yes it can be so loud it distorts.
    In other words "It Works" with room to spare!

Add to this the surround feature that makes both speakers play and you are rocking and glad once more you use a N5X.
    05-23-2016 10:34 AM
    I've just bought this phone! my first android phone and got to say im loving it! still getting to grips with it after being an iphone man for the last 10 years or so! feels nice and easy to use! are there any other hacks or anything to make it better? recommended apps?
    10-07-2016 07:23 AM