Please Google bring back a Nexus 7 type tablet

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
A Marshamallow running 32+gb N7 with the same screen resolution, my wife would love it since it would fit in her purse. She already carries her N7 (2013) with her everywhere. Maybe a 4:3 screen shape?

MetalTaylor

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
I had the nexus 7 2012 version, and i used it almost exclusively for reading purposes, and it was great. It had a shorter battery life, so if they could improve upon that, I would totally buy an updated version of that size. It was a great machine, and I still used (not as much as I used to)

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I have the LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition, and I really love it. The screen is only 1920x1080, but the specs and build quality are better than the Nexus 7. I would like if Google worked with LG to make an updated version of that tablet and perhaps call it the Nexus 8.

I have used a Nexus 9, and I do like it, but I just haven't pulled the trigger on it because my G Pad GPE is still doing fine.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bob Garon

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I have the Nexus 7 2013 and honestly I believe it's the best tablet that I've ever used. I have tried Samsung tablets, iPads, Asus tablets, even Windows tablets and I think the Nexus 7 is the perfect size. The tablet isn't so big that it feels like a computer monitor that you're carrying around. It's small enough where you can put it into pretty much any backpack or carry it with you and not be over sized while being large enough beyond any phone and can feel like a good size screen to view whatever you want.

Posted via my Nexus 5X

Last edited:

anon(8662820)

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I agree. The Nexus 7 was seriously the perfect size and ran like a dream (well, except my Nexus 7 2012 on lollipop) hahaha, but I hear the 2013 still runs damn perfect.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Not sure why this thread is in the 5x forum but...

I too love 7" nexus...I had the 2012 model for 3+ years and finally gave up on google coming through for me and recently bought an asus zenpad s 8.0 (64gb/4gb model as reviewed by russell here in july). Good tablet, wish it was stock android though...

Bob Garon

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Not sure why this thread is in the 5x forum but...

I too love 7" nexus...I had the 2012 model for 3+ years and finally gave up on google coming through for me and recently bought an asus zenpad s 8.0 (64gb/4gb model as reviewed by russell here in july). Good tablet, wish it was stock android though...

Root it and then put on a ROM that is nothing but pure. :)

Posted via the Android Central App