2015 Nexus: LG Nexus 5 or Huawei Nexus 6? Which will you buy?

Which 2015 Nexus would you buy?

• Total voters

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I've upgraded from the 4 to 5 to the 6.... The 6 has by far held up better over time than the 4 or 5 did..... I've adjusted pretty good to the 5.96 inch screen but it's still a pretty big device... My daughter has the 2014 Moto X and 5.2 just feels way too small... 5.7 might be a really good sweet spot in between.... Would just come down to how thick/heavy it is.... Similar sized battery and a 1080p screen would make 5.7 pretty good (I know there is no way they go down to 1080p as qHD seems to be the standard but I still can't tell THAT much of a difference between 1080p and qHD in a phone screen.... Give me the improved battery life with 1080p.. IMO)

That said if I am upgrading again it's to the larger 5.7 phone and not a 5.2 ish size phone....

That's what I do love about Huawei. They don't go with the crowd on QHD. Plus they pack huge batteries in their phones, so battery life is awesome. Most likely since the Nexus phablet is 5.7", Google will go to Samsung and use the Note 4's QHD screens. It's up to the software to optimize how the screen looks. Like I've said in other threads, I just hope Google doesn't skimp on the battery or the speaker(s) with the Huawei Nexus. They overplayed their hand in pricing the 6 the way they did, with the problems it had early on.

If they price the new LG Nexus at let's say $349.99 and $399.99 respectively for each storage variant, I expect a $100.00 increase for the Huawei phablet-- and I may be $100.00 off on the prices as it is, especially with M coming with more features.

TL,DR, Google needs to actually justify the prices of the new Nexuses, and be sure that M's features warrant paying said amounts.

Posted via the Android Central App

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Nexus 6 for me. But if I had to choose between the new ones, I would probably go for the bigger Nexus.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I would take the LG because I just can't get past that Chinese mass produced products are usually poorly made. Also... not being paranoid but.... how many times have the Chinese hacked US government and corporate computers. I definitely would be concerned about a Chinese made smartphone.

Have you had the Ascend Mate7? It's one of the best phones I've had. The fingerprint scanner on it blows every other scanner out of the water. The Huawei Nexus will be built very, very well. I also find your statement funny because you have a Nexus 6, and that's made in.....

China.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I love LG and I really liked the 2013 Nexus 5.

However, I would pick the 5.7-inch Huawei Nexus. That's because I like the larger screen size and there are bound to be some upgrades too like a larger battery (offset by the QHD display, but I prefer it mainly due to its larger size). I have large hands too, so as long as its bezels are similar to LG's, I should have no issue using it one-handed.

However, I think others might prefer the LG Nexus instead, mainly due to its smaller size, which is a much better fit for folks with smaller hands. You can't go wrong with either. They're gonna be awesome, whichever one you pick.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I love LG and I really liked the 2013 Nexus 5.

However, I would pick the 5.7-inch Huawei Nexus. That's because I like the larger screen size and there are bound to be some upgrades too like a larger battery (offset by the QHD display, but I prefer it mainly due to its larger size). I have large hands too, so as long as its bezels are similar to LG's, I should have no issue using it one-handed.

However, I think others might prefer the LG Nexus instead, mainly due to its smaller size, which is a much better fit for folks with smaller hands. You can't go wrong with either. They're gonna be awesome, whichever one you pick.

The bezels on the Ascend Mate7 were fairly small. The site i'm linking allows you to compare phone sizes next to, and layered one on top of the other. I did the Nexus 6 and Ascend Mate 7 and they both are about the same size.
Google Nexus 6 Size - Real life visualization and comparison

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
That's what I do love about Huawei. They don't go with the crowd on QHD. Plus they pack huge batteries in their phones, so battery life is awesome. Most likely since the Nexus phablet is 5.7", Google will go to Samsung and use the Note 4's QHD screens. It's up to the software to optimize how the screen looks. Like I've said in other threads, I just hope Google doesn't skimp on the battery or the speaker(s) with the Huawei Nexus. They overplayed their hand in pricing the 6 the way they did, with the problems it had early on.

If they price the new LG Nexus at let's say $349.99 and $399.99 respectively for each storage variant, I expect a $100.00 increase for the Huawei phablet-- and I may be $100.00 off on the prices as it is, especially with M coming with more features.

TL,DR, Google needs to actually justify the prices of the new Nexuses, and be sure that M's features warrant paying said amounts.

Posted via the Android Central App

If Google ask for it or requires it.... It will be on the device.... When it comes to Nexus devices Google usually looks at a flagship device and then makes their own fine touches on what they require.... I'd be 99.99999% certain it will be qHD..... and Samsung isn't the only smartphone LCD maker... Every year people claim other MFG's are using left over year old Samsung tech for screens..... although it's usually the Samsung fan boys beating that drum as to why the latest Note or Galaxy phone is better........

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Going with Moto Nexus 6. Being on Verizon I can't sit and wait on the next big thing when the N6 looks perfectly capable to me.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

SmogHog

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I'll stay with my present N6 but will get 2 LG N5 for family members for all of us to be on Project Fi

My wife is using a Note 2 with cracked screen and my son an N5 with cracked screen.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I will read the reviews. The Nexus 5 and current Nexus 6 are said to be doing very well now with 5.1.1. Their current prices are attractive too. I'd have to see what the new offerings had to make them superior.

from mobile

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I already have the Moto N6 but ,if I was going to get the next Nexus I would go with the LG at this time.
But nothings definitely for sure.
My vote was for the LG tho :)

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
After using the Nexus 6, no way am I ever going back to a 5 inch phone. Even 5.5 is too small now. Even the Note 4 seems normal now, so its 6+ inches for me from here on out.

enb123

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm the opposite - I am considering going back to a 5 inch phone someday. But I'll probably skip this generation and keep the Nexus 6 because it's awesome!

bluefalcon13

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm the opposite - I am considering going back to a 5 inch phone someday. But I'll probably skip this generation and keep the Nexus 6 because it's awesome!

I actually bounce back and forth between my N6 and N5. Sometimes it feels really nice to hold an N5 and not feel like there is something so massive in my hands.

But the N6 supports band 12(I think it is band 12, whatever the lower freq T-Mobile band is...) Has a better camera, and battery, and is great for its sheer screen size when reading webpages, watching video, etc.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I actually bounce back and forth between my N6 and N5. Sometimes it feels really nice to hold an N5 and not feel like there is something so massive in my hands.

But the N6 supports band 12(I think it is band 12, whatever the lower freq T-Mobile band is...) Has a better camera, and battery, and is great for its sheer screen size when reading webpages, watching video, etc.

Man band 12 has been a blessing and curse ever since it went live on the Nexus 6 and T-Mobile here in Dallas... The only place it's made a real difference for me is at work... My work is in a weird zone where I barely got HSPA or 3G.... Now I get band 12 but it's pretty weak... it's ten times better than before it was activated.... so that is a positive... but in other areas where I had a "Decent" LTE signal it now picks up band 12 and my overall speeds are SLOWER by a considerable margin.... Mostly fast enough but I went from getting 30, 40 or 50 Mbps downloads to now somewhere in the 5 - 15 Mbps speed area.... The DFW area just seems to be heavily saturated in Band 12.... So I basically get LTE in a few more places but overall it's a slower LTE speed in most all areas I live/work/play......

Anyway.... It's a mild rant on my part.. Overall I LOVE my Nexus 6.... It's been an amazing device overall.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci