Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 or Snapdragon 808?! (LG Nexus)

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
So I've been seeing recently talks between them and how people prefer one over the other. Too better understand, which is technically better out of the 2? I know I heard one overheats but just didn't know.

If the new Nexus doesn't get the 820 chip, which one of these 2 do you all want in the new LG Nexus phone?

I appreciate it everyone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kaido

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Google has used the latest snapdragon chip in the last three Nexus phones, so it's either going to be the 810 or the 820. I hope the 820 will be ready when the times come.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Google has used the latest snapdragon chip in the last three Nexus phones, so it's either going to be the 810 or the 820. I hope the 820 will be ready when the times come.

Yeah rumor is the Nexus by Huawei is going to have the new 820 chip. I'm hoping the LG will have that also but from many sites, it's going to either have the 808 or 810. But I'm reading now that it's the 810 that has major overheating problems which led the G4 to have the 808 chip in it. My preference for a phone goes more on the LG side of things so just hoping for a good chip and good battery.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah rumor is the Nexus by Huawei is going to have the new 820 chip. I'm hoping the LG will have that also but from many sites, it's going to either have the 808 or 810. But I'm reading now that it's the 810 that has major overheating problems which led the G4 to have the 808 chip in it. My preference for a phone goes more on the LG side of things so just hoping for a good chip and good battery.

If the 820 solves the 810 heat issues,I hope they use it, but I'd rather see a the 808 personally .... processor speed, and higher display resolutions have kinda peaked IMO and I don't consider it innovation. give me optimization, give me a battery that'll last the whole day, but I'm fine with 1080p displays and don't need power draining battery life. When they figure out how to fit in a 4000+ mAh battery, then go right ahead and add all the pixels you want, but stop with the higher resolution and faster processing speeds without improvements to battery technology.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
If the 820 solves the 810 heat issues,I hope they use it, but I'd rather see a the 808 personally .... processor speed, and higher display resolutions have kinda peaked IMO and I don't consider it innovation. give me optimization, give me a battery that'll last the whole day, but I'm fine with 1080p displays and don't need power draining battery life. When they figure out how to fit in a 4000+ mAh battery, then go right ahead and add all the pixels you want, but stop with the higher resolution and faster processing speeds without improvements to battery technology.

Very well said. I couldn't agree more with this. Battery is my number one thing. My Nexus 5 lasts a good while but has its moments for sure. Hoping for a good battery in the LG variant of the Nexus.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
The latest rumour pointed to a 620 (about as fast as the 810).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Oh really? I haven't heard of the 620. So it's pretty much a new version of the 810 with probably no heating issues.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Oh really? I haven't heard of the 620. So it's pretty much a new version of the 810 with probably no heating issues.

It was announced earlier this year but has yet to appear in any device as of yet. Expected to show up in Q4, which obviously coincides nicely with the next Nexus.

It's a 4 core 28nm A72 part (810 is 20nm A57) paired with 4 A53 cores. The newer architecture enables lower power consumption and improved performance/watt which helps negate the older fabrication process. So will rival the 810 in performance overall. Hopefully with less heat!

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
It was announced earlier this year but has yet to appear in any device as of yet. Expected to show up in Q4, which obviously coincides nicely with the next Nexus.

It's a 4 core 28nm A72 part (810 is 20nm A57) paired with 4 A53 cores. The newer architecture enables lower power consumption and improved performance/watt which helps negate the older fabrication process. So will rival the 810 in performance overall. Hopefully with less heat!

Considering that the 820 will go back to Krait-style quad-core custom architecture instead, I'm thinking big.LITTLE is just not the way to go.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site

Oh okay. So is the 820 better than this 620 chip? Just now learning more about these chips lol. Appreciate all this help.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
GizmoChina started that BS. They had no source and just wanted traffic.

yeah what a load of BS that article was ... personally I'd rather see the 620 than the 810, and I'm not overly optimistic we'll see the 820 on either of the upcoming Nexus phones, but we'll see.

I think in general people are making way to big a deal about processors. it's fun to look at benchmarks, but for most applications the difference isn't even noticeable in real world use.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I've been giving it some thought today, and sure, the SD 820 will probably be a beast performer. Unless Qualcomm announces on the 11th that it's ahead of schedule and phones will start shipping with it at the end of the year, I'm not so sure it'll be in the Huawei Nexus. Evleaks claims it will be, but who really knows?

Now, in terms of the LG Nexus, should it come with the FHD OLED screen, the two front stereo speakers, fingerprint scanner, etc, having it powered by the SD 620 might make it a hell of a buy for $400 for 64 GB. I'm now seriously considering the LG Nexus. So unless the Huawei Nexus comes with the SD 820 and a really large battery (4,000 mAh and up) The LG Nexus might be my next phone, perhaps over the two Moto X phones.

Here's a tough question, though: 2015 LG Nexus, or Moto X Play? (SD 620 vs. SD 615, one front speaker vs. two, 3,630 mAh battery (sigh) vs. 3,180 mAh)...

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I've been giving it some thought today, and sure, the SD 820 will probably be a beast performer. Unless Qualcomm announces on the 11th that it's ahead of schedule and phones will start shipping with it at the end of the year, I'm not so sure it'll be in the Huawei Nexus. Evleaks claims it will be, but who really knows?

Now, in terms of the LG Nexus, should it come with the FHD OLED screen, the two front stereo speakers, fingerprint scanner, etc, having it powered by the SD 620 might make it a hell of a buy for $400 for 64 GB. I'm now seriously considering the LG Nexus. So unless the Huawei Nexus comes with the SD 820 and a really large battery (4,000 mAh and up) The LG Nexus might be my next phone, perhaps over the two Moto X phones.

Here's a tough question, though: 2015 LG Nexus, or Moto X Play? (SD 620 vs. SD 615, one front speaker vs. two, 3,630 mAh battery (sigh) vs. 3,180 mAh)...

the Play isn't even a consideration since I'm in the US, but despite the larger battery I'd still opt for the Pure over it, even if it was an option ... I'll have to see what the LG and Hauwei Nexus have to offer, but chances are I'd grab them over the Play as well. The only thing that I see getting in the way of that is if the LG puts a 2700 (or thereabouts) battery in there, which I can see happen. I won't count my chickens before they hatch, especially after the Pure came with a much smaller battery than I anticipated, but I have a feeling the Hauwei Nexus will have a 3600+ battery.

Also, I'm ready for a larger phone and kinda have my hopes up for a 5.7" display. I don't think I want to use anything smaller for the next few years, especially since I've already been at 5.2" for awhile now.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

Not such a tough question given that I'm in the US. Honestly, I'm hoping Google and T-Mobile continue to work together to put WiFi calling on Nexus devices, since it looks like them and Moto can't seem to work together.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Definitely the Nexus over the Moto. I just love the Nexus line. Now which to get this year? That's my confusion lol. I have the Nexus 5 and love it so my mind is going more towards the LG. But bigger screen and battery on the other one which sounds great but I just don't know about this brand huawei.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
the Play isn't even a consideration since I'm in the US, but despite the larger battery I'd still opt for the Pure over it, even if it was an option ... I'll have to see what the LG and Hauwei Nexus have to offer, but chances are I'd grab them over the Play as well. The only thing that I see getting in the way of that is if the LG puts a 2700 (or thereabouts) battery in there, which I can see happen. I won't count my chickens before they hatch, especially after the Pure came with a much smaller battery than I anticipated, but I have a feeling the Hauwei Nexus will have a 3600+ battery.

Also, I'm ready for a larger phone and kinda have my hopes up for a 5.7" display. I don't think I want to use anything smaller for the next few years, especially since I've already been at 5.2" for awhile now.

If the Huawei Nexus came with a 3,600 mAh battery or more, I agree, I'd have to get it.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Definitely the Nexus over the Moto. I just love the Nexus line. Now which to get this year? That's my confusion lol. I have the Nexus 5 and love it so my mind is going more towards the LG. But bigger screen and battery on the other one which sounds great but I just don't know about this brand huawei.

I had the same hesitation with Hauwei, but after spending some time looking into them, I'm pleasantly surprised at their efficient build quality. The only consistent knock seems to be on the software side, which would obviously be negated on a Nexus. I don't think Google would compromise their brand with an inferior product, and I fully expect a solid build for a reasonable price. We'll get a good look at what to expect on 9/2 when the Mate 8 will be announced at IFA.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463