So yesterday, OnLeaks claimed to have a case rendering meant for the LG Nexus, but the device in this picture with said case is awfully big, which leads me to think that it's actually for the Huawei Nexus. Having said that, the case looks like it could fit a Motorola device, with the cut-outs it has. If it were to be for the Huawei device, what do you think those cut-outs are for? Perhaps the camera and the fingerprint scanner below it? What about the left-most cut-out?

I remember from watching I/O that the presenter mentioned a final release for Android M at the end of Q3. That means the end of September, folks. Logic would dictate the release of a Nexus (or both) device(s) with Android M. Let the speculation begin.

Nexus 2015 Leaks Have Rumors Swirling
    07-30-2015 04:08 PM
    maybe the lower circle will be a big light up "G" for Google. ☺

Posted via AC app with my N9
    07-30-2015 04:33 PM
    My guess for the cutouts would be top circle is camera module, bottom circle is fingerprint reader, left square is the led flash and maybe some sort of other sensor.

What caught my eye however is that on the image of the white case there are are few points of interest:

1. There's a hole at the top edge and two holes at the bottom edge. The bottom rectangle hole I presume would be for the USB port, and one of the two holes will be the 3.5mm jack, so then what's the other hole for? If the top hole is for the 3.5mm jack, what does the bottom extra hole do? Or if the bottom hole is for the 3.5mm jack, then what is the top one for? The IR blaster?

2. The side edge of the white case shows indents for what looks like 3 separate buttons (or possibly 4? Kind of looks like one extra indent). So we might be getting two separated volume buttons and the power button on the side. I'm personally not a huge fan of the power & volume buttons on the one side, but hopefully the phone will have double tap to wake/sleep so we won't have to use the power button too much.
    07-31-2015 12:09 AM
    If this is for the lg nexus i would assume the 3.5mm jack will be on the bottom with the usb port. The top hole is likely an ir blaster.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-31-2015 10:02 AM
    08-02-2015 03:03 PM
    Retweeted yet again from OnLeaks... https://twitter.com/stagueve/status/...779417600?s=09
    looks bigger than 5.2", more wide than tall, and judging from the power button toward the middle like the Nexus 6, it just might be ... I'd love to see a 5.5" LG Nexus with USB-C, front facing speakers, fingerprint scanner and a camera that's at least slightly below G4/S6 quality. I wouldn't expect to pay anything less than $500 if that's what it's packing.

The #1 concern I have is the display/processor speed/battery combo. They want to go 1440p with the 820, cool, just don't skimp on battery size. I want at least 3600 if that's the direction they go. And if they do, it'll be pretty much perfect so I'll gladly pay a premium for it. Do I think that's gonna happen? Of course not. I expect a 5.5" 1440p display with either the 810 or 808 and a 3200 battery at most.

I know the rumor was 5.2" 2700 but assuming this case belongs to the LG Nexus, I just don't see it. If it is 5.2" I how it's at least 3200, but we'll see.

Either way, whether there's one or two Nexus phones this year I'll probably at least grab one, along with the Moto Style as my Nexus 4 and S4 need to be replaced. I'll be a pretty happy camper if I can get out of 2015 with a Nexus and Moto X, both of which will last me 36 months, and doing so for under $1000. I'm just not paying $600 for phones with lag and skins anymore. The only real advantage IMO are the cameras, and having to deal with skins and bloat (I don't root my phones) for a better camera just isn't worth it.

I also put my name on the OP2 invite list (I'm around 460k) but no quick charge is pretty much a deal breaker. It's a shame to, cause it really has a ton of potential, they just need to tighten up there game a bit and figure out who they are.

Bottom line, I'm only buying unlocked, bloat free, unbranded phones that run stock moving forward, and for the first time, at least in the US, we finally have a few solid options to choose from this year. Glad I was patient and didn't jump on the S6 or G4, what a disaster that would've been.
    08-02-2015 07:29 PM
    I have a hard time believing the top is an IR blaster. Probably just a microphone it's too small to be the headphone jack
    08-03-2015 02:47 PM
    I have a hard time believing the top is an IR blaster. Probably just a microphone it's too small to be the headphone jack
    Nah, it's definitely a headphone jack.

The Latest Leak From OnLeaks-screen-shot-2015-07-30-9.54.45-am-652x700.jpg
    The Latest Leak From OnLeaks-nexus-5-white-black-back-side.jpg
    08-03-2015 05:47 PM
    Nah, it's definitely a headphone jack.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen-Shot-2015-07-30-at-9.54.45-AM-652x700.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	189861

Name:	nexus-5-white-black-back-side.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	189860
    That's a case leak right not the back shell? A case would have a bigger hole in it so that the connector can fully seat in the port..
    08-03-2015 10:51 PM
    That's a case leak right not the back shell? A case would have a bigger hole in it so that the connector can fully seat in the port..
    It's just the angle that makes it seem small
    The Latest Leak From OnLeaks-clbamhewoaeewfr.jpg The Latest Leak From OnLeaks-clbamhdwoaejf2s.jpg
    08-04-2015 01:04 AM
    It's just the angle that makes it seem small

Name:	CLbaMHEWoAEEwfR.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	189906
    Any ideas as to what the bottom cutout on the right is for? Maybe the cutout for the external speaker?
    08-04-2015 02:16 AM
    Funny, that the new Nexus is the one keeping me most curious this year...

I do hope the rumors of a Nexus 5 2015 edition are true...
    08-04-2015 04:42 AM
    Someone drafted up some renders based on the case leak...

Check out the Nexus 5 2015, as imagined by Jermaine Smit (via androidspin.com)
    08-04-2015 09:23 AM
    Hmm, apparently that same someone also drafted up a concept video as well!

Source: BGR
    08-04-2015 02:45 PM
    And the more digging I do about a dual camera Nexus, the more I'm finding old reports (like this one from PhoneArena in June 2015) where it was rumored back then as well. This may be old news for many of you, but it's news for me -- and seemingly for the majority of folks commenting on various sites posting these new draft renders.

I haven't followed Google's Project Tango much at all, but do you think this phone could be a big push for it? Would cameras only an inch apart from one another even be that good at capturing 3D? I never owned an HTC EVO 3D, but even it looks like they were spaced out further.

All still speculation though...
    08-04-2015 03:01 PM
    I haven't followed Google's Project Tango much at all, but do you think this phone could be a big push for it?
    It's an interesting thought, but I think Project Tango eligible devices depend more heavily on a variety of IR sensors (and software voodoo) than a dual-camera set-up. But who knows? I had a similar feeling about 3D juju re. the "hero" device that HTC is allegedly going to unleash before the end of the year--if only because of HTC's obviously deep involvement in VI.

Oh, and for the congenitally curious, here's a 2011 review of the HTC EVO 3D, featuring a 2D version of what appears to be a then unbearded Phil Nickinson.

Sprint HTC EVO 3D review | Android Central
    08-04-2015 03:33 PM
    Any ideas as to what the bottom cutout on the right is for? Maybe the cutout for the external speaker?
    So as I originally thought that cutout was indeed for the microphone. It's like the old Nexus 5 with one bottom-firing speaker and the other a microphone.

https://mobile.twitter.com/OnLeaks/s...87799695060992
    08-12-2015 06:23 AM
    So as I originally thought that cutout was indeed for the microphone. It's like the old Nexus 5 with one bottom-firing speaker and the other a microphone.

https://mobile.twitter.com/OnLeaks/s...87799695060992
    So you're thinking it only has one speaker? Why would he say speaker(s), if that's the case?

08-12-2015 06:37 AM
    So you're thinking it only has one speaker? Why would he say speaker(s), if that's the case?

No, I meant the old Nexus 5 had one speaker and the other one was a misleading microphone. Most of us thought the new Nexus 5 would have a bottom-firing speaker as well based off the early renders because there was no other place for it (except for the front).

Now that it's confirmed the new Nexus 5 will have front facing speakers it's likely that the bottom cutout is for the microphone.
    08-12-2015 06:48 AM
    No, I meant the old Nexus 5 had one speaker and the other one was a misleading microphone. Most of us thought the new Nexus 5 would have a bottom-firing speaker as well based off the early renders because there was no other place for it (except for the front).

Now that it's confirmed the new Nexus 5 will have front facing speakers it's likely that the bottom cutout is for the microphone.
    Gotcha. Either way, I really am excited for both phones.

08-12-2015 07:36 AM