From OnLeaks, Get Excited

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
As the world turns. Leaks are fun and everything but I'll just wait for more official news before I make judgement.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
The Huawei one looks an awful lot like an iPhone 5S in the body of the iPhone 6+. iNexus? 😆

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
He makes a valid point, though. It's literally going back and forth, with evleaks tweeting jabs @onleaks, while the latter just adresses tweets directed toward him.

Posted via the Android Central App

I love it, hopefully both work harder as a result. they've gotten things wrong in the past, and they'll both get some things wrong in the future, but they're two of the more credible sources we have and I'm glad we have them.

Evan has me somewhat doubtful though with his 820 leak. if he's calling out OnLeaks, he better hope his source is right, otherwise he risks damaging his reputation. the M9 render was one thing, but to go out of your was to discredit a competitor, you better make sure you know what you're taking about.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
The Huawei one looks an awful lot like an iPhone 5S in the body of the iPhone 6+. iNexus? 😆

so what's your point? you judge a phone simply cause it resembles another one? what phone doesn't? I judge a phone by its features and UX, but I know a lot of android users these days care more about looks than function. it's why now our most prized flagship has a glass back and sealed battery.

Kaido

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Evleaks was wrong about the Huawei Nexus having the Snapdragon 820, so I think he's just jealous that Onleaks has the more credible sources.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I love it, hopefully both work harder as a result. they've gotten things wrong in the past, and they'll both get some things wrong in the future, but they're two of the more credible sources we have and I'm glad we have them.

Evan has me somewhat doubtful though with his 820 leak. if he's calling out OnLeaks, he better hope his source is right, otherwise he risks damaging his reputation. the M9 render was one thing, but to go out of your was to discredit a competitor, you better make sure you know what you're taking about.

Excellent point, and I agree. Evan Blass probably made the most important claim about the Huawei Nexus, saying that it'll have the SD 820. If he's proven to be wrong yet again, it would do serious damage to his reputation. In fact, just today I saw a tweet of his saying that he would never again do another interview. So, it could just be extreme jealousy on his part towards onleaks, given his track record so far. After his miserable fail in leaking the M9 last year, he better hope that the Huawei Nexus has the 820 in it.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Excellent point, and I agree. Evan Blass probably made the most important claim about the Huawei Nexus, saying that it'll have the SD 820. If he's proven to be wrong yet again, it would do serious damage to his reputation. In fact, just today I saw a tweet of his saying that he would never again do another interview. So, it could just be extreme jealousy on his part towards onleaks, given his track record so far. After his miserable fail in leaking the M9 last year, he better hope that the Huawei Nexus has the 820 in it.

agreed. he's definitely putting his reputation at risk. as much as you and I care about battery life, the biggest question by far about both Nexus phones is the chip.

even though I'll be fine with the 620/808/950, just like the M9, Evan has my hopes up pretty high. last time I blamed HTC, this time I'll blame him.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
agreed. he's definitely putting his reputation at risk. as much as you and I care about battery life, the biggest question by far about both Nexus phones is the chip.

even though I'll be fine with the 620/808/950, just like the M9, Evan has my hopes up pretty high. last time I blamed HTC, this time I'll blame him.

You're on point there. If not the 820, then 620/808/950 is fine with me. This time around, if he's wrong again, he's gonna hear it.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
so what's your point? you judge a phone simply cause it resembles another one? what phone doesn't? I judge a phone by its features and UX, but I know a lot of android users these days care more about looks than function. it's why now our most prized flagship has a glass back and sealed battery.

Not at all. Just thought it was funny that Google would put out something that's a blatant copy (design-wise) than the competition. I'm sure it'll still be a good phone

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I feel like the fingerprint scanner on the back is a mistake. History taught us this with the atrix, htc one mwhatever, etc.

Doesn't seem like a natural spot for it. Hopefully I'm wrong and it's awesome. I guess I'm still let down by the current nexus that I don't have much hope for this years. Anyone know when this might get announced?

Google10

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I feel like the fingerprint scanner on the back is a mistake. History taught us this with the atrix, htc one mwhatever, etc.

Doesn't seem like a natural spot for it. Hopefully I'm wrong and it's awesome. I guess I'm still let down by the current nexus that I don't have much hope for this years. Anyone know when this might get announced?
Power and volume feels perfectly natural on the back of the G series. Seems like a great place for it.

SZQnl

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
If the leaks and rumours are true then this may well be my next phone!

Currently have an LG G2 and have been waiting ages for something to come out at the same size but with updated components such as LTE and improved camera. S6 was nice but no FM Radio and poor battery life (in comparison to G2), and I'm not a fan of glass back. All other phones too large for my liking. Bit larger than my G2 but with front facing speakers that's not too bad.

I find it strange that LG made the G2 2 years ago, and it was very successful for them, but they and other manufacturers haven't managed to create something equally balanced. It's almost perfect for me. 5.2" 1080p screen in a 138.5x70.9x8.9mm body, good battery life, and plenty of features such as IR blaster and FM Radio etc. The only thing I don't like is the horrid glossy plastic!

Hopefully more info in Sep with Oct launch!

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Not at all. Just thought it was funny that Google would put out something that's a blatant copy (design-wise) than the competition. I'm sure it'll still be a good phone

fair enough, and now that I'm reading what I wrote I apologize if I came off kinda harsh.

"blatant copy" seems a bit excessive. I see a resemblance, but I also see a lot of differences. there's front facing speakers and a rear fingerprint sensor, which alone changes the design quite a bit. the corners are different and there's that white strip which when filled with color will differentiate itself. the front is more tall and narrow, more like the iPhone than the G4 or Nexus 6, but there's no physical home button, and there's so much less bezel on this render then on the iPhone. Hauwei uses a design that's almost a blend of HTC and Apple, but it's definitely their own look.

Anyway, that's just my opinion. If somebody thinks it's a blatant copy then I respect their opinion, as much as I might disagree. All that being said, the real Nexus most likely looks nothing like the real one. I mean, we're talking about a render based off a rumor!

Last edited:

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

do you have the 6? reason I ask is cause the people I've talked to that have that or a Moto X, all say their finger naturally rests on that dimple, so maybe we'll get used to it.

another thing to consider is the front facing speakers. would you trade that in just for the sensor to be up front? personally I like the spot. i don't envision using it all that often so if I'm slightly inconvenienced so be it. I'll get a lot more use out of those speakers than I will the sensor. I also want the bezels as small as possible, and if it was up front the bottom bezel would be a lot bigger. with a 5.7" display, I'm not looking to add any height to an already larger device.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
do you have the 6? reason I ask is cause the people I've talked to that have that or a Moto X, all say their finger naturally rests on that dimple, so maybe we'll get used to it.

another thing to consider is the front facing speakers. would you trade that in just for the sensor to be up front? personally I like the spot. i don't envision using it all that often so if I'm slightly inconvenienced so be it. I'll get a lot more use out of those speakers than I will the sensor. I also want the bezels as small as possible, and if it was up front the bottom bezel would be a lot bigger. with a 5.7" display, I'm not looking to add any height to an already larger device.

100% this. Until you achieve muscle memory to always reach for the fingerprint scanner, most people will still reach for the power button to turn on their device, then swipe to unlock. I'd rather have dual front speakers and small bezels, than having to worry whether or not my print will register. Granted, Huawei's reader is one of the best in terms of accuracy, but I'd still rather get full, great sound from the speakers when listening to my music.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
@OnLeaks FYI, both #Nexus Phones has been rendered by my man @Jermainesmit, based on leaked factory schematics I received from my faithful sources ;)

Those saying it looks like an iPhone, well, it's just this artist's vision, not the actual phone.

I hope it doesn't look like this. I don't like it. Never been a fan of the look of iPhones and this is identical to it. If true, it'll definitely be out of contention for me. Style or LG version.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I hope it doesn't look like this. I don't like it. Never been a fan of the look of iPhones and this is identical to it. If true, it'll definitely be out of contention for me. Style or LG version.

if it has all the features you're looking for at a reasonable price, you wouldn't get it simply cause it resembles an iPhone?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlsellers1959