Authentic Leaks Compilation for the 5X and 6P

Alex98

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Re: [SEE FIRST POST] Authentic Leaks Compilation for the 5X and 6P

This image make me think that this new Nexus 6P will target the mass market this time.

1443300823349.jpg

Kaido

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

Someone pointed out all the sides are using the old Google logo.

I guess they could have been prepared before the logo change...

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

Someone pointed out all the sides are using the old Google logo.

I guess they could have been prepared before the logo change...

Huh. That's a great point. I did think some of the language of the slides was weird, but I guess we'll see in a few days. Regardless, this is definitely the phone. Maybe that means the names will be different.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

This image make me think that this new Nexus 6P will target the mass market this time.

View attachment 198582

If that so... they will need more than a decent camera and decent battery life to be successful. Then on top of that a strong marketing campaign. I believe Google just promoting the new iteration of Android more than trying to be a competitor in the mobile market.

If Google markets the Nexus line as the device then I believe they really trying to push the Nexus brand name to the masses. Their past Nexus devices marketing strategies have been safe and neutral.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
If that so... they will need more than a decent camera and decent battery life to be successful. Then on top of that a strong marketing campaign. I believe Google just promoting the new iteration of Android more than trying to be a competitor in the mobile market.

If Google markets the Nexus line as the device then I believe they really trying to push the Nexus brand name to the masses. Their past Nexus devices marketing strategies have been safe and neutral.

camera will have to be better, but not battery. going "mainstream" has resulted in thinner phones with smaller batteries (Samsung/Apple) so I don't think the average Joe cares as much about that as camera and aesthetics.

to your point, it's all about marketing. Samsung spent $14 billion in marketing last year, and I'm sure Apple wasn't too far behind.

IMO Fi, and I've been saying this for 6 months (not that it's a ground breaking thought our anything) serves as a huge incentive for Nexus to go mainstream.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

camera will have to be better, but not battery. going "mainstream" has resulted in thinner phones with smaller batteries (Samsung/Apple) so I don't think the average Joe cares as much about that as camera and aesthetics.

to your point, it's all about marketing. Samsung spent $14 billion in marketing last year, and I'm sure Apple wasn't too far behind.

IMO Fi, and I've been saying this for 6 months (not that it's a ground breaking thought our anything) serves as a huge incentive for Nexus to go mainstream.

I agree this not a stand out feature on the majority on standard size phone like 5X. However I believe blitsthe Nexus 6P is in different category like Note's series that have and expected to include great battery life.

I would assume Google making the 6P would be less or better than Nexus 6(gen 1) be better.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

Sony Z Compact series has great battery life. No excuses for larger phones!

Kaido

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/3mk2bc/nexus_6p_will_have_an_amoled_screen/cvfmcf3

• Screen: 5.7”, 518 PPI, WQHD AMOLED
  • Camera: 12.3MP Rear / 8MP Front (1.55 μM, F2.0 / 1.4 μM FF)
  • Dimensions: 159.4 x 77.8 x 7.3
  • Weight: 178g

- Also comes with a noise canceling 3-microphone system for high-fidelity voice quality. The recipient of your call will hear your voice without all the noise surrounding you.

- The new sensor captures more light, and the larger 1.55μm pixels absorb more in even the dimmest conditions to make your photos sharp. With a faster Google Camera app, you never miss a moment, and with the smart Google Photos app, your memories are easy to relive.

Last edited:

Alex98

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site

I'm not sure we can trust this leak. The leaked specs in this topic lead to a rear sensor with 1.55μm unit cell size.

As much as I hope this is true, I have to say that Sony doesn't produce such a captor actually (except for the custom one made especially for the iPhone 6S/6 plus maybe) and all Huawei phones uses the same IMX 278 that has unit cells size of only 1.12μm.

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

What worries me is that I could have written those slides myself based completely on the leaks.

I couldn't see any images that weren't leaked in the last couple of weeks, nor can I see any specs or features which haven't been leaked.

As mentioned before, they have mistakenly used the old Google logo.

So this could easily be a troll

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

What worries me is that I could have written those slides myself based completely on the leaks.

I couldn't see any images that weren't leaked in the last couple of weeks, nor can I see any specs or features which haven't been leaked.

As mentioned before, they have mistakenly used the old Google logo.

So this could easily be a troll

the date on the slides says August, so it was created before the new logo was released. I'm sure Google's presentation will have the updated version

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok that makes me feel better

I think the people like me and you that have been following this forum for months, have a pretty good feel for what's legit and what's not. I'd say everything released from AP the past week is good as gold.

I'm want to see if that USB-C is type 3.0 and I'm looking forward to more pictures. that pic on the slides of the "hump" from the side, shows we made a big fuss over nothing. for people that lay their phone flat, it'll be a good thing.

I love the aesthetics, they've grown on me, especially the graphite color. I'd much rather this design over a protruding camera like on the 5x.

And obviously anxious to get a release date and price, and hope there's at least a couple surprises AP hasn't mentioned.

last thing, AC did that article on Nexus, and it talks about how Nexus serves as a model for OEMs. well hopefully in 2016 they'll use the 3450 mAh battery as a BASE STANDARD. we can talk about efficiency all we want, but a larger battery needs to accompany it in order to compensate for these phones continuing to get more powerful.

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

I think the people like me and you that have been following this forum for months, have a pretty good feel for what's legit and what's not. I'd say everything released from AP the past week is good as gold.

I'm want to see if that USB-C is type 3.0 and I'm looking forward to more pictures. that pic on the slides of the "hump" from the side, shows we made a big fuss over nothing. for people that lay their phone flat, it'll be a good thing.

I love the aesthetics, they've grown on me, especially the graphite color. I'd much rather this design over a protruding camera like on the 5x.

And obviously anxious to get a release date and price, and hope there's at least a couple surprises AP hasn't mentioned.

last thing, AC did that article on Nexus, and it talks about how Nexus serves as a model for OEMs. well hopefully in 2016 they'll use the 3450 mAh battery as a BASE STANDARD. we can talk about efficiency all we want, but a larger battery needs to accompany it in order to compensate for these phones continuing to get more powerful.

Yep,

As I've said many times 2015 has been a painful year.

My story is that I had an iPhone 4S and hung on to it because the new iPhones didn't do anything the 4S didn't do. I had the 4S from around 2011 - 2014. In 2014 the new iOS was released and ruined the phone.

I hung on for the M9, because I knew how great HTC were and they were sure to put out a fantastic new phone... we all know how that ended.

So I bought a second hand M8 and put stock android on it.

When I saw the S6 Edge, I hated Samsung but that phone was just glorious, THAT was my new phone.... then the battery reviews came out...

I've watched the live launch of the LG G4, the Nexus 6,iPhone 6S, the Note 5 & Edge+, OP2, Moto X pure.... None of them have quite lived up to what I wanted.

Very well put in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmkab1LUqlg

So I just hung on and hung on, and finally, this phone is meeting my criteria (except a bit too big).

Finally the day has come where I can have a phone which meets everything I want. I think Sony did a good job coming close to it with the Z5 but having a 4k display pushing 1080p pixels doesn't feel right to me

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

the date on the slides says August, so it was created before the new logo was released. I'm sure Google's presentation will have the updated version
I bet it was probably only for internal use. Maybe for rehearsing the keynote or something.

Sent using Tapatalk

Kaido

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

I'm not sure we can trust this leak. The leaked specs in this topic lead to a rear sensor with 1.55μm unit cell size.

As much as I hope this is true, I have to say that Sony doesn't produce such a captor actually (except for the custom one made especially for the iPhone 6S/6 plus maybe) and all Huawei phones uses the same IMX 278 that has unit cells size of only 1.12μm.

Could be this: Image Sensors World: Sony Announces 1.55um BSI Pixel Sensor

Alex98

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site

That corresponds to what has been leaked recently but this is not really a smartphone's sensor.
It measures 13 x 11 x 2 mm which is 2 times the size of an IMX 230 (certainly one of the biggest Sony's sensor for smartphone)
I think that it can feat in a smartphone (and that explain the bump) but it's clearly unusual and such a captor will produces excellent results (with a good optic and software).

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

Hasbrobot

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

What???? They can't be serious?

No more purchasing through a carrier?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members