Authentic Leaks Compilation for the 5X and 6P

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: [SEE FIRST POST] Authentic Leaks Compilation for the 5X and 6P

Still no UK price.

The way I'm looking at it, the 5X offers a very similar value for money as the new Moto X Style/Pure. he Moto X has QHD, 3GB RAM & SD card support, but the Nexus 5X has OIS, laser focus, USB Type-C & fingerprint scanner. It balances out.

Last edited:

Kaido

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

Still no UK price.

The way I'm looking at it, the 5X offers a very similar value for money as the new Moto X Style/Pure. The Moto X has QHD and 3GB RAM, but the Nexus 5X has OIS, laser focus and fingerprint scanner. It balances out.

Agreed. People need to see what the competitors lack in comparison instead of just looking at only the 5X's shortcomings.

Moto X Pure/Style (lacks):
  • OIS, Laser Autofocus
  • Wireless Charging
  • Fingerprint Sensor
  • USB-Type C
OnePlus Two (lacks):
  • NFC
  • Wireless Charging, Quick Charge
  • Front Stereo Speakers

Oh, and all of these phones start at 16GB. So does the iPhone 6s. I'm not sure why the 5X is getting so much flack for it.

Edit: 5X also confirmed not to have wireless charging nor OIS. Damn.

Last edited:

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

If the Nexus 6P starts at $499, my prayers will have been answered. The Motorola Nexus 6 is listed for $499 now, so I wonder how much it'll be cut by. I kind of hate AP, but I hope all their information is true.

AP is absolutely brutal on mobile with all their ads, but if you're a Nexus fan, they've been money this month ... imagine if all the rumors they leaked were wrong, lol

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

Agreed. People need to see what the competitors lack in comparison instead of just looking at only the 5X's shortcomings.

• OIS, Laser Autofocus
  • Wireless Charging
  • Fingerprint Sensor
  • USB-Type C
OnePlus Two (lacks):
  • NFC
  • Front Stereo Speakers

Oh, and all of these phones start at 16GB. So does the iPhobe 6s. I'm not sure why the 5X is getting so much flack for it.

I have a OnePlus 2 now, and although I think it's a great phone, I know I'm gonna want NFC. I thought I wouldn't mind, but now that the 6P is getting close and Android Pay is out, it's bugging me. I think the 6P is gonna combine all of the features I want into the best package. Plus stock Android with immediate updates? I'm sold.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

• OIS, Laser Autofocus
  • Wireless Charging
  • Fingerprint Sensor
  • USB-Type C
OnePlus Two (lacks):
  • NFC
  • Front Stereo Speakers

Oh, and all of these phones start at 16GB. So does the iPhobe 6s. I'm not sure why the 5X is getting so much flack for it.

Good points. I'm beginning to realize that for my purposes, I don't need a top of the line (spec-wise) phone with 8gb of RAM, a 4k display, etc. Practical everyday features are more important and I'm also interested in trying the simple, "pure" Android experience.

Hasbrobot

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Why would you want to buy through a carrier? Is it just for the device payment plan?

Yes, unfortunately it's the only way I'd be able to afford it. I really love my nexus 6 and was very much looking forward to upgrading with T-Mobiles jump program. For me it sadly, disappointing news. Guess it stinks for me....sigh

kalookakoo

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site

Still no UK price.

The way I'm looking at it, the 5X offers a very similar value for money as the new Moto X Style/Pure. he Moto X has QHD, 3GB RAM & SD card support, but the Nexus 5X has OIS, laser focus, USB Type-C & fingerprint scanner. It balances out.

Artem of AndroidPolice has been saying GSMArena is wrong and there is no OIS for either 6P or 5X.

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

Artem of AndroidPolice has been saying GSMArena is wrong and there is no OIS for either 6P or 5X.

Yikes. AP just backpedaled and confirmed the new Nexus phones won't have OIS, wireless charging, or microSD support. The only one that hurts is OIS because the two previous phones have both had it. This probably means the camera won't be as close to top-tier as I was hoping, but I'll wait to see what tomorrow brings. I'm still gonna be first in line for a 6P.

Kaido

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

Heh, I just checked my email and I have 24 hours to get OP2/got the invite. I'm going to pass and holdout from per-ordering one of the new nexues until I see some reviews.

Summary
LG Nexus 5X:
  • 147 x 72.6 x 7.9/9.8mm
  • 5.2 inch Full HD IPS Display
  • Snapdragon 808 w/ 2 GB RAM
  • Dual Front-Ported Speakers
  • 12.3 MP (rear), 5 MP (front), Laser Autofocus, Dual-LED Flash
  • Fingerprint Sensor, NFC
  • 2700 mAh, USB Type-C, Quick Charge 2.0
  • Android 6.0
  • $379 for 16 GB, $429 for 32 GB

Huawei Nexus 6P:
  • 159.4 x 77.8 x 7.3/8.5mm
  • 5.7 inch QHD AMOLED Display
  • Snapdragon 810 (v2.1) w/ 3 GB RAM
  • Dual Front-Ported Speakers
  • 12.3 MP (rear), 8 MP (front), Laser Autofocus, Dual-LED Flash
  • Fingerprint Sensor, NFC
  • 3450 mAh, USB Type-C, Quick Charge 2.0
  • Android 6.0
  • $499 for 32 GB, $549 for 64 GB, $649 for 128 GB

Omissions
  1. No OIS
  2. No Wireless Charging
  3. No MicroSD Card Support

Edit: Leaked Document Reveals Full Nexus 5X Specs, Confirms 2GB Of RAM

Last edited:

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

Heh, I just checked my email and I have 24 hours to get OP2/got the invite. I'm going to pass and holdout from per-ordering one of the new nexues until I see some reviews.

Summary

Pro Tip: if you haven't claimed it in your account yet, I think you really get an additional 24 hours. If you wait until maybe midnight to click the link, the timer should restart at 24 hours in your OnePlus account.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
This video seems like this person is a little out of date with his information about the device... and it's not even a real device.