When will the next nexus be announced?

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Its almost September and the nexus "2015" isnt even announced yet, why do company's wait till the end of the year to release a phone.. Might as well call it nexus 2016

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
For the moment I'm still going with October, but I'm hoping it'll be earlier. The final preview is out and we've seen at least one Nexus phone in the wild that looks pretty finalized, so it could theoretically be a matter of weeks. Lollipop's final preview was released on October 17, and the final version was released November 3. M's final preview was released August 17, so September 3 isn't that much of a stretch.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Same reason a lot of films are released at the end of the year. . . holiday gift giving. In the States, for sure, Christmas is a perfect excuse for spending too much money. Even if you don't have any.

this ... plus it'd be bad business if every OEM released their phones at the same time. and it would suck for the consumer to have to wait a full year between the launch of a new device.

most importantly though, every phone would pretty much be forced to have the same specs/features.

Kaido

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

kalookakoo

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
September 29th
LG’s Nexus 5 (2015) could be available from September 29, claims Korean website

It makes sense for Google to break from their traditional late late Oct. or early Nov. launch given all of the following that happened in August:

Odds are the Huawei will come Late Oct/November.

Kaido

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Odds are the Huawei will come Late Oct/November.

But why? If the Nexus 5 is rumored to launch on Sept. 29, then why wouldn't the Nexus 6 also launch that day?

If the two Nexus phones are Google's answers to the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus, then it would make sense for them to launch it on the same day like how Apple does with their iPhones.

kalookakoo

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
But why? If the Nexus 5 is rumored to launch on Sept. 29, then why wouldn't the Nexus 6 also launch that day?

If the two Nexus phones are Google's answers to the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus, then it would make sense for them to launch it on the same day like how Apple does with their iPhones.

It's based on nothing concrete, just a feeling I have. The fact that the rumors/leaks have been led and focused on the LG phone, and a leak comes out about the phone's release date and the source has no idea when the Huawei is coming. Just seems odd.

Hope I'm wrong though. I probably will get the Huawei if the battery is big enough and the camera doesn't suck. (LG Nexus "reportedly" has the better camera?)

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
It's based on nothing concrete, just a feeling I have. The fact that the rumors/leaks have been led and focused on the LG phone, and a leak comes out about the phone's release date and the source has no idea when the Huawei is coming. Just seems odd.

Hope I'm wrong though. I probably will get the Huawei if the battery is big enough and the camera doesn't suck. (LG Nexus "reportedly" has the better camera?)

I agree. Girl Interrupted put it in my head months ago, and I've had the feeling it'll be released after the LG since then. I'll judge the battery on real life usage instead of mAh, but there is a place for raw power, and I'll be disappointed with anything less than 3500.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I agree. Girl Interrupted put it in my head months ago, and I've had the feeling it'll be released after the LG since then. I'll judge the battery on real life usage instead of mAh, but there is a place for raw power, and I'll be disappointed with anything less than 3500.

Funny that you mention it, but I juat read a spec comparison between the two phones, and it was the first site I've seen mention the 3,300 mAh battery that Total Tech mentioned. Grain of salt, though.

Posted via the Android Central App

kalookakoo

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Funny that you mention it, but I juat read a spec comparison between the two phones, and it was the first site I've seen mention the 3,300 mAh battery that Total Tech mentioned. Grain of salt, though.

Posted via the Android Central App

3300 on the LG or Hauwei? that would be either great or disappointing!!
I'm assuming it was this Nexus 5 2015 vs. Huawei Nexus 6 2015 – Rumored Specs Compared - Neurogadget.com and it referenced the Huawei with 3300, and LG with 2700. Wouldn't be surprised, but I would be very disappointed. If there was anything I hoped Huawei would bring to its Nexus would be a obnoxiously large battery.

If that article has any credibility, it also says they will launch together with M.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm assuming it was this Nexus 5 2015 vs. Huawei Nexus 6 2015 – Rumored Specs Compared - Neurogadget.com and it referenced the Huawei with 3300, and LG with 2700. Wouldn't be surprised, but I would be very disappointed. If there was anything I hoped Huawei would bring to its Nexus would be a obnoxiously large battery.

If that article has any credibility, it also says they will launch together with M.

that would be excessively disappointing, but yeah, I wouldn't be surprised ...

I'd definitely pass though. I keep my phone for a longer time than most and no way I'm signing up for 2700, I don't care how "efficient" it is

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

and I can't put much stock into it, so the proverbial grain of salt will be applied ...

reason being, that same exact website reported a 3180 mAh on the LG version less than 24 hours before, lol

http://neurogadget.com/2015/08/29/g...arshmallow-update-extended-battery-life/13764

and considering a monkey could've told us it was coming with M, I'll definitely reserve judgment!!

to your point though, I COMPLETELY agree about Hauwei being battery life to the table. without a solid battery, I'd actually go out of my way not to buy it just out of spite.

I absolutely refuse to give in to these OEMs with these pathetic batteries, and if it means another year with the same phone, that's perfectly fine with me. I don't mind saving money and the phone I have now is perfectly capable.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams