09-28-2015 06:09 AM
178 ... 678
tools
    Yeah, Apple does very well w/ RAM management in their OS. If Nexus can mimic it w/ stock Android, it shouldn't be a problem. iPhones are solid phones for people that don't have any particular reason to utilize all that Android has to offer. It's certainly not me b/c I love choices, I love customizations, and I enjoy my device having the ability to do what I want, not being limited.
    And this is exactly why I have and love both. I love tinkering around on Nexus phones but sometimes I just want to use my phone and not have to worry about all that stuff. Yes, I know I could just use my Nexus and not tinker but when I'm using it I feel a NEED a DESIRE to tinker. I can't stop myself. When I grab my iPhone I know I can't, so I just go with it.

This is an amazing time we live in with the way technology is advancing so rapidly. Choice is always good!

Hopefully in another week or so I'll be rocking an iPhone 6s Plus and a Nexus 5x
    09-24-2015 12:38 PM
    What I do like about Apple is pure apple, no skins, no carrier bloatware, nothing. With Android, there is unless you get a Nexus but some people I know want to do payment plans through the carrier like VZW where they give you a discount. The N6 is $23/month but you get a $15 discount if you on a 8GB plan or lower and $25 discount for higher GB which brings the phone price down to $8/month or $2 discount with a new phone.

Root is another option but Samsung phones are not easily rooted now with Knox and so are carrier branded devices. Also with Apple, software is released to everyone. With Android, unless your on a Nexus, you might still be behind.
    09-28-2015 05:24 AM
    What I do like about Apple is pure apple, no skins, no carrier bloatware, nothing. With Android, there is unless you get a Nexus but some people I know want to do payment plans through the carrier like VZW where they give you a discount. The N6 is $23/month but you get a $15 discount if you on a 8GB plan or lower and $25 discount for higher GB which brings the phone price down to $8/month or $2 discount with a new phone.

Root is another option but Samsung phones are not easily rooted now with Knox and so are carrier branded devices. Also with Apple, software is released to everyone. With Android, unless your on a Nexus, you might still be behind.
    This lack of purity has really let Android down over the years.

Hell, some phones even came with a preloaded carrier browser!

I feel this is changing, and Apple are getting a little bloaty now, with everyone having an "Apple apps" folder of **** they never use.

I heard people loved that U2 album.........
    09-28-2015 06:09 AM
178 ... 678