LG Nexus 5 Specs: Snapdragon 808, 5.2 1080p, 3GB RAM, 2700mah battery

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
if true it's extremely disappointing. just to even be mentioned in the same sentence as the S6 as far as battery life makes it a pass. it's the same story over and over. we hear how efficient everything is and that the new OS means much better battery life. save it Google. I've held out long enough and I have 0 problem continuing to save a few bucks and just stick with what I have. I absolutely refuse to give in to these small batteries and won't buy a phone with less than 3000mAh. and if this is true, I highly doubt the Hauwei version will be significantly better. oh well.

kalookakoo

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
if true it's extremely disappointing. just to even be mentioned in the same sentence as the S6 as far as battery life makes it a pass. it's the same story over and over. we hear how efficient everything is and that the new OS means much better battery life. save it Google. I've held out long enough and I have 0 problem continuing to save a few bucks and just stick with what I have. I absolutely refuse to give in to these small batteries and won't buy a phone with less than 3000mAh. and if this is true, I highly doubt the Hauwei version will be significantly better. oh well.

Pretty sure the Huawei will have 3300. Anything higher is hopeful but not realistic. Still hoping...

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
16/32 is pathetic if true. No way to spin that, folks.

yeah that would be kinda shocking, especially without an SD .. 64 is my minimum if there's no SD ... hopefully these latest rumors aren't true, but if they are it's extremely disappointing.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd actually prefer the OP2 over it.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sure the Huawei will have 3300. Anything higher is hopeful but not realistic. Still hoping...

yeah I think your right ... I'm almost done hoping to be honest. 2015 has been exhausting, seeing great phones ruined with small batteries, bad processors, and head scratching decisions, like the Pure using a smaller battery than the Play, OP2 not including NFC, the M9 not changing a thing, or the S6 and that comical battery. it's just been a bad year, and I'm done getting my hopes up. I'll just use what I have and saving money is never a bad thing, but I'm definitely not buying a 2700 mAh 32 GB phone with no SD. I'd rather get the turbo 2 quite honestly, and deal with the minimal bloat and carrier branding. battery life is that important to me.

Last edited:

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
yeah I think your right ... I'm almost done hoping to be honest. 2015 has been exhausting, seeing great phones ruined with small batteries, bad processors, and head scratching decisions, like the Pure using a smaller battery than the Play, OP2 not including NFC, the M9 not changing a thing, or the S6 and that comical battery. it's just been a bad year, and I'm done getting my hopes up. I'll just use what I have and saving money is never a bad thing, but I'm definitely not buying a 2700 mAh 32 GB phone with no SD. I'd rather get the turbo 2 quite honestly, and deal with the minimal bloat and carrier branding. battery life is that important to me.

Amen brother.

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

We've all been right here suffering with you.

It's always a case of "but this next phone in a couple of months will be the perfect phone"

The only phone that didn't disappoint would be the LG G4 for me.

I think they did a great job giving people what they want. It's just a shame I don't like their software.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Not sure why everyone is griping so much about the specs on this phone. To me, this looks like a great upper mid-level spec'd Android phone. And the fact that it's a nexus and will get every update quickly is a big plus. I don't think this phone was meant to be a flagship but the affordable option for people that want a Nexus device and are not into having the bleeding edge specs. I think this is going to be a really solid offering for the price point it will probably be. I am really looking forward to it and this will probably be my next phone as the new Moto X pure edition is just too large for what I like a phone to be.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
We've all been right here suffering with you.

It's always a case of "but this next phone in a couple of months will be the perfect phone"

The only phone that didn't disappoint would be the LG G4 for me.

I think they did a great job giving people what they want. It's just a shame I don't like their software.

when it comes to tech, personally I've never been one to hold out hoping for something better. and I definitely know that elusive perfect phone will probably never arrive.

I can compromise on size, aesthetics, camera, processor, fingerprint sensors, RAM, wireless charging, memory, displays, NFC and a lot more ... stock and battery life are my two biggest priorities, and I also like front facing speakers and wireless charging. I can seriously case less about everything else, just those 4 things, two of which I'd even compromise.

point is, I have minimum criteria, and the only reason I waited this year was because we knew 2 nexus phones, in addition to the pure were coming out. being that stock is so important to me, unfortunately I don't have many options.

what sucks is for some reason the simple combination of stock and decent battery life has been non existent.

but yeah, to your point eventually I'll have to bite the bullet, but I would honestly rather just use what I have than buy something I don't really like. it's not a matter of waiting for the latest and greatest, it's just being content with what I have and not buying something I don't need or want.

if my phone broke down today and I had to buy a phone right now, I'd probably get the moto G ... if I had a few weeks I'd get the Pure.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Not sure why everyone is griping so much about the specs on this phone. To me, this looks like a great upper mid-level spec'd Android phone. And the fact that it's a nexus and will get every update quickly is a big plus. I don't think this phone was meant to be a flagship but the affordable option for people that want a Nexus device and are not into having the bleeding edge specs. I think this is going to be a really solid offering for the price point it will probably be. I am really looking forward to it and this will probably be my next phone as the new Moto X pure edition is just too large for what I like a phone to be.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

just the battery my man ... everything else is good, but that battery is disappointing ... it'll work for a lot of people, but a lot of us were hoping for something a little bigger. not the end of the world, just conversation!

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
when it comes to tech, personally I've never been one to hold out hoping for something better. and I definitely know that elusive perfect phone will probably never arrive.

I can compromise on size, aesthetics, camera, processor, fingerprint sensors, RAM, wireless charging, memory, displays, NFC and a lot more ... stock and battery life are my two biggest priorities, and I also like front facing speakers and wireless charging. I can seriously case less about everything else, just those 4 things, two of which I'd even compromise.

point is, I have minimum criteria, and the only reason I waited this year was because we knew 2 nexus phones, in addition to the pure were coming out. being that stock is so important to me, unfortunately I don't have many options.

what sucks is for some reason the simple combination of stock and decent battery life has been non existent.

but yeah, to your point eventually I'll have to bite the bullet, but I would honestly rather just use what I have than buy something I don't really like. it's not a matter of waiting for the latest and greatest, it's just being content with what I have and not buying something I don't need or want.

if my phone broke down today and I had to buy a phone right now, I'd probably get the moto G ... if I had a few weeks I'd get the Pure.

New Nexus 5 leaked specs point to amazing battery life

TechnoBuffalo seem confident your prayers are answered, despite the spec sheet.

I agree with you on the stock Android... I decided to go for an M8 and install Stock android on to it. And that's what I am still using now.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site

It's the battery bro. Needs to be higher. And then if God forbid the rumor is true about being right at $500, then it's definitely not worth it. That price is NOT for a mid level phone In your words. Nexus should always be more of a high end phone (imo)

My port is screwed up on my current LG Nexus 5 but I can easily get a good wireless charger and wait another year for a much better nexus next year with hopefully bigger battery and snapdragon 820. I can hope because next year shouldn't be a year of duplicates like this year where they're just remaking the 5 and 6 into a little better specs lol.

BuffOrange

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site

That about sums up this fail of a year for me too. If the Xperia Z5 comes up small this week I'm just going to grab a Moto G and be done with it.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
New Nexus 5 leaked specs point to amazing battery life

TechnoBuffalo seem confident your prayers are answered, despite the spec sheet.

I agree with you on the stock Android... I decided to go for an M8 and install Stock android on to it. And that's what I am still using now.

lol, I guess me and technobuffalo have a different opinion on what constitutes "amazing" battery life ... 2700 is mediocre at best, I guess that's why technobuffalo is technobuffalo

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
That about sums up this fail of a year for me too. If the Xperia Z5 comes up small this week I'm just going to grab a Moto G and be done with it.

funny you mentioned the moto g, I literally just typed a few minutes ago that if I had to get a phone right now that's what I'd get!

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
The new Nexus 5 sounds like it will be a nice unit. At $400 or less it would be a good deal. Over $400 might be a little high.

But I don't really need a new phone. My trusty Nexus 5 is happy and healthy. It does all I need and will get Marshmallow. I'm good. So I'll likely pass on this year's and see what next year brings.

Simple as that for me.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
The new Nexus 5 sounds like it will be a nice unit. At $400 or less it would be a good deal. Over $400 might be a little high.

But I don't really need a new phone. My trusty Nexus 5 is happy and healthy. It does all I need and will get Marshmallow. I'm good. So I'll likely pass on this year's and see what next year brings.

Simple as that for me.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

that's not and acceptable opinion ... only venom and rage are allowed on this forum, lol ... sick day today, bored and too much time on my hands!!

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Battery Nazis be like

freaking-out.gif