the official Nexus 5 2015???

Hasbrobot

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I just hope they can make it on the new nexus, i will no doubt to get the new nexus if they include the quick charge, just can't bear regular charger .lol

Yeah, I'm finished myself with regular charging. Quick charge has broken me, no going back now...

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
If they had kept the size at the dimensions of the 2013 model I'd be very tempted but, too big. no SD support, small battery.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I really like the look of that LG device. Very sleek.

Time to see camera samples of this and the Pure and someone will take my money.

Kaido

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
The Android Police's article leaked an interesting but expected tidbit

will come in white, black, and blue variants. The white, by the way, is the "panda" style, with a black front / partially black sides and a white rear cover.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
As long as the battery will last a day in the real world, this will probably be my next phone. Please be $400 or less!

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

Kaido

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm mostly curious about the blue one. According to AA, it's going to be a light blue, so it shouldn't be as vivid as the "Bright Red" Nexus 5. I want it to look like the attachment. Kind of tired of all black and all white phones tbh, but a black front is necessary for optimal video watching.

Attachments

• N5-grid1-1600.jpg
    N5-grid1-1600.jpg
    473.2 KB · Views: 80

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm mostly curious about the blue one. According to AA, it's going to be a light blue, so it shouldn't be as vivid as the "Bright Red" Nexus 5. I want it to look like the attachment. Kind of tired of all black and all white phones tbh, but a black front is necessary for optimal video watching.

The blue looks nice. But I wish I had gotten one of the bright red Nexus 5's.

Camaihofer

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
If that is the actual nexus 5 specs I'll pass fora nexus 6...unless the new nexus 6 is better looking than the leaks

Posted via the Android Central App

Kaido

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
If that is the actual nexus 5 specs I'll pass fora nexus 6...unless the new nexus 6 is better looking than the leaks

I don't understand what's wrong with the rumored specs. Look at its similarly priced competitors and see what they're missing compared to the Nexus 5X

Moto X Pure/Style:
  • OIS, Laser Autofocus
  • Wireless Charging
  • Fingerprint Sensor
  • USB-Type C
OnePlus Two:
  • NFC
  • Wireless Charging, Quick Charge
  • Front Stereo Speakers
Old Nexus 6:
  • Laser Autofocus
  • Fingerprint Sensor
  • USB-Type C
The only big shortcoming of Nexus 5X for me is the storage options. But I can live with 32GB.

Last edited:

Camaihofer

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
For me..32 gb is not enough.. And I don't want the 808 chip... I really want the 820..

Don't care about finger print scanner.. Camera is not very important to me..

5.2 inche screen...1080 p...no thx...

I consume lots of multi media on my phone... I want min 5.5 in qhd and front speakers...

For me...its not much of an upgrade from my current nexus 5

Kaido

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
For me..32 gb is not enough.. And I don't want the 808 chip... I really want the 820..

I consume lots of multi media on my phone... I want min 5.5 in qhd and front speakers...

If you want the 820, then you're going to have to wait until 2016. You can't fault a 2015 phone for not having it. As for QHD, Marques Brownlee, YouTube Tech Reviewer, has said himself that he can't tell apart QHD from 1080p. There is a lot more to a display than just resolution.

Besides, QHD would mean Google would have to cut corners in other places if they wanted to keep the $400 price tag.

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I'm not inclined to agree. I think it's a fine upgrade from the Nex5. I am really excited to see this phone.

As for the size, I don't want a 5.5" device. I understand people do, but there are far too many devices that are 5.5"+, and that size only. I am pleased that there are even rumors of a 2 size release from Google for the Nexus line. I was disappointed to see Moto offer 5.5, and 5.7" phones for the X line. That immediately dissuaded me from considering those as devices I will buy.

From my Nexus 5.
Android Central Ambassador Team Leader

dkeven

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand what's wrong with the rumored specs. Look at its similarly priced competitors and see what they're missing compared to the Nexus 5X

Moto X Pure/Style:
  • OIS, Laser Autofocus
  • Wireless Charging
  • Fingerprint Sensor
  • USB-Type C
OnePlus Two:
  • NFC
  • Wireless Charging, Quick Charge
  • Front Stereo Speakers
Old Nexus 6:
  • Laser Autofocus
  • Fingerprint Sensor
  • USB-Type C
The only big shortcoming of Nexus 5X for me is the storage options. But I can live with 32GB.

ahh but what is doesn't have sd card, 21mp rear, 5mp front camera, moto assist suite (which I find useful) 399 price tag

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
If you want the 820, then you're going to have to wait until 2016. You can't fault a 2015 phone for not having it. As for QHD, Marques Brownlee, YouTube Tech Reviewer, has said himself that he can't tell apart QHD from 1080p. There is a lot more to a display than just resolution.

Besides, QHD would mean Google would have to cut corners in other places if they wanted to keep the $400 price tag.

So because some you tube reviewer isn't able to tell the difference you shouldn't be able to either

Kaido

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
ahh but what is doesn't have sd card, 21mp rear, 5mp front camera, moto assist suite (which I find useful) 399 price tag

Nexus 5X is rumored to have a 399 price tag for 16GB, just like the X Style/Pure, and it's rumored to have a 5 MP front camera.

We have to wait for the rear camera comparisons, but at least the 5X has OIS and Laser Autofocus to help it out.

kalookakoo

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site

Yep. Just sucks that the better displays out there tend to be QHD.

So because some you tube reviewer isn't able to tell the difference you shouldn't be able to either

Or it is a pretty negligible difference not worth the hike in cost in $ and battery life for a lot of people. I have 1080p dual screen 24 inch monitors, and never have I once thought to myself that I needed 1440 to better my experience. Don't see why a sub 6 inch device would be different.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood