Going to have 2 phones? Nexus 2015 and ?

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
What 2nd phone is everyone going to be using in addition to their shiny brand new Nexus 2015? I know not everyone keeps 2 phones at once but I'm guessing a great number of you will.

For me, the perfect combo is:

1. Nexus 5x - This phone will 2 needs: my android fix (pure android at that), and a smaller / more pocketable phone. The Nexus 5 was my favorite phone of all time despite it's flaws. Ever since, I've been clamoring for an updated version of this phone. I'm getting this one no matter what. I'll be ordering this one the second it's available. Just need to decide if I want to stay with the black or go white.

2. iPhone 6s Plus - This phone complements the Nexus and fills the other needs: my iOS fix, and a larger phone with more real estate. In addition, this will be my go to phone for taking pictures and videos. I have this one pre-ordered and will be getting it on launch day.

I plan to switch back and forth between the 2 depending on the mood I'm in or where I'm at or what I'm going to be doing. On the days when I'm out and about more and have to pocket my phone more, I'll bring the Nexus. On the days when I'm stuck in the office I'll probably bring the iPhone.

What is your perfect combo? :D

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Not planning to buy a 2015 Nexus, but if I do, it would be the following;

1) Nexus 5X - Compact, powerful and possibly affordable.

2) Samsung Galaxy Note 5 - It's a productivity monster + LG G4 - Dat SD card slot

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6 now, but I won't be switching back and forth regularly. I'm still trying to decide between a Nexus and a OnePlus 2 anyway. I'm really into that alert slider lol.

Sent using Tapatalk

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I want the new Nexus 5x but I'm waiting to see how big it really is. Plus I promised myself no more phones without SD support.

Oh and my 2nd phone is still my OnePlus One.

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6 now, but I won't be switching back and forth regularly. I'm still trying to decide between a Nexus and a OnePlus 2 anyway. I'm really into that alert slider lol.

Sent using Tapatalk

From what I'm hearing, I think you will regret the OP2.

Poor processor performance, poor battery life, buggy OS, silly invite system

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

I just got my invite so I don't have a lot of time to decide, but I haven't heard any complaints about the performance. Most of the reviews I see are saying it's just as fast as any flagship. Plus I'm a light user (meaning I don't game or stream a lot of videos), so battery life shouldn't be a big issue.

Sent using Tapatalk

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
My new primary will be the Nexus 5X 2015... then I will probably keep my Moto X (2014) Pure Edition as a backup, since that is fairly close to pure Android. If I had the money to blow, I'd probably pick up a new Moto X Pure Edition, but I'm not sure I like the size (which is why I'm not considering the Nexus 6 2015)... I would like to see if that size fact could grow on me, but it's not worth the investment at this time.

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I just got my invite so I don't have a lot of time to decide, but I haven't heard any complaints about the performance. Most of the reviews I see are saying it's just as fast as any flagship. Plus I'm a light user (meaning I don't game or stream a lot of videos), so battery life shouldn't be a big issue.

Sent using Tapatalk

Then you should go for it, if you change your mind resale will be very easy imo.

In terms of specs alone, the Nexus won't be much better than the OP2.

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Then you should go for it, if you change your mind resale will be very easy imo.

In terms of specs alone, the Nexus won't be much better than the OP2.
That's what I'm thinking. The Nexus will probably be announced by the time I get the OP2, so if I see something I like, I can return it. I'm still considering whether Android Pay is important for me. I know it's coming to a lot more stores soon, so who knows. I'll definitely want to see how the Nexus camera does.

Sent using Tapatalk

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
No plans whatsoever to keep/use two handsets, but if I did (and one of them was the Nexus 5X), then the other would definitely be one of the upcoming Windows Mobile handsets just to see what MS tries to do with W10 on mobile.

I've never been high on Apple or encouraging the kind of price gouging they engage in. The markup on an iPhone is just crazy (charging roughly three times the cost of the device)

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 6 and hopefully the Hauwei Nexus, possibly the LG Nexus ... if neither of them, which I honestly doubt, I'll wait for the M10/820. The Note 5 can admittedly win me over BT now and then IF it comes down in price, but I don't see myself getting a phone with TW.

I haven't heard hardly any complaints about processor performance or battery ... a little on the buggy, but definitely nothing out of the ordinary.

I think the invite system, no nfc our quick charge are the real problems with the OP2.

Last edited by a moderator:

Khalid Brown1

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
My dream setup would be me us 6 2015 and iPhone 6s plus.
But it looks like it will be nexus 6 2014 and nexus 5 2013...
Sigh ...., to be broke and living in NYC

Posted via the Android Central App

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
My dream setup would be me us 6 2015 and iPhone 6s plus.
But it looks like it will be nexus 6 2014 and nexus 5 2013...
Sigh ...., to be broke and living in NYC

Posted via the Android Central App

I'm broke too so I say what's a little broker?!? I'll be broke with two nice phones at least. :)

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Haha I certainly can't afford the luxury of having two phones! Not judging anyone here at all, but I'm not anywhere near lucky enough to be in your situation... yet!

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Haha I certainly can't afford the luxury of having two phones! Not judging anyone here at all, but I'm not anywhere near lucky enough to be in your situation... yet!

well if u want to stop by my mansion and dust off my rolls royce you're more than welcome to ... I'll pay u in caviar!

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
well if u want to stop by my mansion and dust off my rolls royce you're more than welcome to ... I'll pay u in caviar!
Maybe I exaggerated my situation a bit. I can actually afford two phones but I can't justify having two phones until I'm earning more money. Subtle difference.

But hey, again I'm not judging. As soon as I earn enough to feel not guilty about it you can bet I'll have a billion phones just because I can!

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
The latest smart phones are my only vice. I don't spend much on myself for anything else. I drive a boring car, don't wear fancy clothes so I splurge on this one thing and I'm pretty darn happy with it. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie