Will the Nexus 5X work on Verizon?

Yes.
    co.ag.2005 likes this.
    09-29-2015 07:15 PM
    Will HD voice be supported out of the box?
    09-30-2015 10:42 AM
    Will HD voice be supported out of the box?
    Since it's built into Lollipop, I have no doubts.

My Moto X Pure Edition supported it out of the box.
    09-30-2015 01:52 PM
    My biggest question about the 5x and 6p for Verizon isnt whether or not the phone supports their radio bands, but if it supports ALL of them. I have done a bit of browsing on the supported frequencies vs the frequencies verizon uses and to me it looked like one of verizon's lower frequency bands is ommited from the supported lists on the new Nexi. Maybe there was some misinformation at play, or whether or not that is a big deal is to be seen, but I would hate to put money down on a new nexus, go through the painstaking crap that is going to be to put the phone on their network only to lack connectivity in some certain areas that lower frequency band is being used.
    09-30-2015 02:40 PM
    My biggest question about the 5x and 6p for Verizon isnt whether or not the phone supports their radio bands, but if it supports ALL of them. I have done a bit of browsing on the supported frequencies vs the frequencies verizon uses and to me it looked like one of verizon's lower frequency bands is ommited from the supported lists on the new Nexi. Maybe there was some misinformation at play, or whether or not that is a big deal is to be seen, but I would hate to put money down on a new nexus, go through the painstaking crap that is going to be to put the phone on their network only to lack connectivity in some certain areas that lower frequency band is being used.
    What band are you specifically talking about?
    09-30-2015 03:06 PM
    What band are you specifically talking about?
    Sorry. I had to look again. I believe it's the CDMA 800 band.

EDIT: Here are my sources:
    http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/09...cide-one-pick/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verizon_Wireless

It looks like my Google-foo failed me. It seems all frequencies used by verizon currently are indeed supported.
    Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    09-30-2015 03:09 PM
    Sorry. I had to look again. I believe it's the CDMA 800 band.

EDIT: Here are my sources:
    Nexus 5X VS Nexus 6P: All The Differences To Help You Decide Which One To Pick
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verizon_Wireless

It looks like my Google-foo failed me. It seems all frequencies used by verizon currently are indeed supported.
    Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    They show all their bands in the store.

6P - https://store.google.com/product/nexus_6p
    5X - https://store.google.com/product/nexus_5x

Scroll down near the bottom and click "Full feature and specs". From there you can go to the Network section and see it all .
    co.ag.2005 likes this.
    09-30-2015 04:47 PM
    Sadly the more important question is will Verizon "let" it work on Verizon's network. Having seen Verizon from both sides it would not surprise me if they prevent it. I await actual user confirmation before I get excited.
    10-06-2015 09:01 AM
    I'll let you know. I will activate my 5X on VZW. If it's a problem, I'll post the details.
    10-06-2015 10:52 PM
    I'm pretty confident it'll work on Verizon. They seem to be taking a different tack as a company. See this article http://www.engadget.com/2015/08/25/v...our-own-phone/ . My brother hasn't had any problems with his Moto X PE on VZW.

Also one of the Google presenters last week did say it would work on all major US networks. Pretty sure they wouldn't just make that up without having first confirmed it with those major networks.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-06-2015 11:29 PM
    Sadly the more important question is will Verizon "let" it work on Verizon's network. Having seen Verizon from both sides it would not surprise me if they prevent it. I await actual user confirmation before I get excited.
    They won't prevent it.
    10-07-2015 03:49 PM
    my nexus 5x on Verizon will NOT do simulatneous voice and data. anyone got it working?
    10-28-2015 11:06 AM
    Does anyone know if the DROID Maxx uses a nano Sim? Currently have this phone on Verizon. Just wondering if I got the 5x I would just take out the sim from my Droid and pop into the 5x. Thanks!

10-28-2015 08:25 PM
    Does anyone know if the DROID Maxx uses a nano Sim? Currently have this phone on Verizon. Just wondering if I got the 5x I would just take out the sim from my Droid and pop into the 5x. Thanks!

Yes, the maxx is a nano sim.
    10-28-2015 08:27 PM
    Yes, the maxx is a nano sim.
    Thanks very much ☺

10-28-2015 08:28 PM
    Just called and had my Nexus 5x activated , they view the device as the LG-H790. My G4 had a micro sim and I hacked it up trying to cut it down to fit in the 5x. They sent me a sim free of charge. I guess they do recognize and support the phone?
    10-29-2015 09:28 AM
    I would be wary of saying VZW "supports" the phone.
    10-29-2015 12:28 PM