What are your favorite cases/screen protectors for the Nexus 5X?

TheDroidKid

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I guess I'll be the first one to start one of these threads.

I've owned every nexus since the Galaxy nexus and since the nexus 4 I have always used the rearth FUSION cases but this time I really don't want smoke black I wish they had solid black or gray.

Anyway I'm really like the bumper case from Google the microfiber one but it's a little pricey in Canada. As for screen protection I'm waiting for a good glass protector I'm hoping zagg produces one as it was amazing for my nexus5.

Anyone decide in cases yet?

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Caae/screen protectors?

I've been using a Spigen (thinnest one they make) for over a year on my S5. It provides sufficient protection from normal wear and tear and adds very little in the way of bulk. And they're inexpensive. I'll probably grab the equivalent for the 5X.

I've also been using an inexpensive tempered glass screen protector which I like a lot. I may pick one up for the Nexus as well.

Posted via the Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Spigen does have some good options when it comes to cases, and the styles are usually really good looking. They have two cases and screen protectors available, including tempered glass: Nexus 5X – Spigen Inc.

Since the device is new, expect prices to be a little high but the money is well worth it.

CortJstr

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

After trying a few cases for my Nexus 4 I found that covered buttons are a deal-breaker for me. It looks like the "official" cases in the Google store all have covered buttons (in addition to being really pricey). I'll likely grab the Spigen with exposed buttons for now then check again in a couple months when there are other choices.

While I'm accessory shopping, can anybody recommend a micro-USB to USB-C adapter so I can still use old charging cables? I get the advantages of C but I was really digging that my phone, tablet, and Kindle all used the same chargers and I'd like to be able to have just one charger as an everyday carry item.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site

As far as I know it will come with a USB-A to USB-C cable. That will allow you to use any charger or hook it up to a PC.

ChuckWithAZ3v

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

After trying a few cases for my Nexus 4 I found that covered buttons are a deal-breaker for me. It looks like the "official" cases in the Google store all have covered buttons (in addition to being really pricey). I'll likely grab the Spigen with exposed buttons for now then check again in a couple months when there are other choices.

While I'm accessory shopping, can anybody recommend a micro-USB to USB-C adapter so I can still use old charging cables? I get the advantages of C but I was really digging that my phone, tablet, and Kindle all used the same chargers and I'd like to be able to have just one charger as an everyday carry item.

Hope this helps.

D & K Exclusives® Reversible Design Hi-speed USB3.1 Type C Male to Micro USB Female Adapter Converter Connector for Type-C https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011SVP0V...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4720758

CortJstr

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

As far as I know it will come with a USB-A to USB-C cable. That will allow you to use any charger or hook it up to a PC.
According to the product page the 5X comes with a USB-C to USB-C cable. I believe the 6P comes with a C-to-A.

But the adapters others have posted are what I'm looking for. Thanks all

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

I've only used LifeProof cases since I switched to the Samsung Galaxy series a few years ago. I must say I'm going to have a hard time finding an alternative that I like. Coincidentally, I also stopped using screen protectors at the same time. I don't miss them, and I don't plan on using one for the 5X.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Cases for the Nexus 5X

It's my understanding that a lot of these companies get their hands on leaked CAD files long before the actual devices hit the shelves. I bought a Spigen case for my Galaxy S5 before the phone was available in stores and it fits like a glove.

Anyway, I'll probably go Spigen again with the 5X. The thinnest one.

TheDroidKid

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

I'm surprised to see the speed that these cases are coming out. Many of them seems to be ready for order almost instantly and sometime even before the phone is announced.
Currently I'm considering this Nexus 5X Spigen Ultra Hybrid Case

Amazon.com: Nexus 5X Case, Spigen® [Ultra Hybrid] AIR CUSHION [Crystal Clear] Clear back panel + TPU bumper for Nexus 5X (2015) - Crystal Clear (SGP11759)
View attachment 199534

I love those cases but they seem to only be releasing clear or smoke colors now I miss the nexus 5 ones they had gray and black and red

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

Is that a soft or hard case? I can't tell from the pic/reviews.

If it's like my S5 case, and I believe it is, then I guess you'd call it a hard case. Not like those real flexible jelly cases. It does have a soft, fairly grippy surface though (the S5 version at least).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1