01-14-2016 05:42 PM
63 123
tools
    I am currently using a HTC Desire 526, its a back up phone, and for a bargain phone its not bad. I dont install many apps, I currently have about 6-7. So to me the 5x is a no brainer, even the price. I have had the S3 and S5, all was fine and dandy till 6 months down the road. Then they both went to ****. 3 guys at work cant wait to get rid of their S6, nothing but problems and thats a high end phone like everyone calls it. I have also had the IPhone 5S and 6S, my girlfriend still has the 5S and its still running like new. I had a Nokia Icon, which my dad still use and its still running great. I have also owned the LG G3, but it had its issues. HTC M8 windows, constant reboots after software update, the Android version did the same. Since the S3 came out, the best phone I have owned is the 6S. Samsung lost me after 6 months of owning the S3. The girlfriend decided to give the S5 a try, against my advice, and went back to IPhone. Everyone was quick to judge the S6 base on their specs and now the phone runs like crap. So what good are specs and hardware if you cant get it to run good.

I race cars/trucks and I pay a heavy price when it come to tuning my ECM on my cars/trucks. Why, because no matter what you have under the hood, it wont perform if it doesnt work right all together. Couple of people keep mentioning the IPhone specs and I dont think I have seen a rebuttal knocking down the 6S. Its running a DUAL CORE 1.8 W/2GB of RAM and it kicks ***. The S6 is running Quad core 1.5 and Quad core 2.1 W/3GB RAM and its garbage. The 3 guys at work are always asking me why their phone are acting up and how can they fix it. No matter what specs you put in a phone if you cant make it all work together, its garbage.

This will be my first Nexus device. I am tired of all the bloatware that Verizon puts on Android devices. And apparently Samsung, LG, HTC, etc. cant get their skins to play nice with Android. I am sure that the Neuxs will have its issues, nothing is perfect, but from what I have read it a FAR better experience of Android than any other manuf. And since I dont run that many apps, dont store any music, and dont take to many pics the 5X specs are perfect for me.
    10-09-2015 09:50 PM
    The Nexus 5X in the UK is pretty much the same price (from Carphone Warehouse) as the Nexus 5 was when it was available - £349 for the 32GB version( equivalent to $534 US). That price includes our sales tax (VAT) at 20%. The 16GB version is £299 ($458 US). For comparison, the iPhone 6S 16GB is £539 ($826 US).
    10-10-2015 02:27 AM
    I just saw a commercial for the Nexus 5X on tv while watching Mets/Dodgers. I never thought I'd see a Nexus commercial on tv.

Posted via the Android Central App
    huntnyc and dusoccer10 like this.
    10-12-2015 07:51 PM
    I just saw a commercial for the Nexus 5X on tv while watching Mets/Dodgers. I never thought I'd see a Nexus commercial on tv.

Yeah I saw one on ESPN Monday night Football! Pretty dang cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dusoccer10 likes this.
    10-12-2015 08:03 PM
    Yeah I saw one on ESPN Monday night Football! Pretty dang cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's cool. I've had the game on, but I just have missed it. Though I pretty much ignore all commercials so that wouldn't be surprising.

On a related note, does Google typically release sales numbers for their Nexus devices? If they're marketing this most recent crop more aggressively, I'd be curious to see if it pays off.

10-12-2015 08:46 PM
    I like what 5x looks like, 6p is too big, I can't hold it .
    10-13-2015 06:15 AM
    Hi

I want to get the Nexus 5x when it is out in physical stores next week.

What reasons do you guys think it is more compelling to buy than the Nexus 6 seeing that they are similarly priced Nexus 6 32gb going for about 315 pounds in UK and Nexus 5x on 300 pounds for Base 16 model.

This will be my secondary handset as a reference device.

Posted by my Superia z2
    10-14-2015 01:40 PM
    Hi

I want to get the Nexus 5x when it is out in physical stores next week.

What reasons do you guys think it is more compelling to buy than the Nexus 6 seeing that they are similarly priced Nexus 6 32gb going for about 315 pounds in UK and Nexus 5x on 300 pounds for Base 16 model.

This will be my secondary handset as a reference device.

Posted by my Superia z2
    I think for most people, it comes down to the size of the device. For myself (and many others out there), the phablet size of the 6p makes it a non-starter. Yes, there are plenty of people who prefer that size, but I would guess there's an equal number (or more?) who prefer the smaller size of the 2013 N5 or the 2015 N5x.
    10-15-2015 11:08 AM
    I think for most people, it comes down to the size of the device. For myself (and many others out there), the phablet size of the 6p makes it a non-starter. Yes, there are plenty of people who prefer that size, but I would guess there's an equal number (or more?) who prefer the smaller size of the 2013 N5 or the 2015 N5x.
    Size does it for me, that's why I ordered a 5X. I'm not worried about the "lesser" specs on the 5x v the 6p. Keep in mind these phones don't have the overlay and bloat that non nexus phones have. Less crap running in the background is a big deal. I'm coming from a 14 moto x, but the lack of updates to 6 is what is making me move on from moto.
    co.ag.2005 likes this.
    10-16-2015 07:51 AM

Just saw it too last night on Thurs night football. And it is interesting they choose to feature the 5x and not the 6p.
    10-16-2015 09:07 AM
    Just saw it too last night on Thurs night football. And it is interesting they choose to feature the 5x and not the 6p.
    Someone mentioned in the 6P forum that LG probably paid for at least a chunk of the advertising costs.

And despite the disparity in the other direction on tech forums like this, I think the consuming public is more interested in smaller, more physically manageable devices and doesn't give a rat's *** about specs.

co.ag.2005, huntnyc and minnemike like this.
    10-16-2015 10:03 AM
    Agree. Guy should have bought the N5 when had the chance, so he wouldn't have to watch his MG slowly melt itself into a low-end bookend.
    01-12-2016 03:39 PM
    That's exactly why I changed to the Nexus 5X. I had a LG G2 before but hate network bloatware and waiting......waiting......WAITING for the Android Updates.

Only had the 5X since October and already had the 6.0.1 upgrade and two security upgrades!

That makes the Nexus the perfect phone IMO. 😀

Nexus 5X is the business!
    01-14-2016 05:42 PM
63 123