Nextbit robin vs 5X

bloodycape77

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Which do you think will be better? Both are pretty much spec'd the same, with 5.2in 1080p displays(gorilla glass 4 vs gg on the 5x) using the SD808 cpu, and 2700mah battery. The Robin right now starts at $350(299 if you earlier backer) and comes with 32gb(only option available. I really like the price of both(more so nextbit as I can currently back the vzw variant for less), but the battery size has me questioning both. My G2 has 3000mah I only get decent battery out of it; so I am not sure if 808 is more efficient than the 800 or not. Like will these devices be better than the G2, battery life wise? Like is it unreasonable to expect 4 hours of sot? The Robin is still questionable when it comes to camera quality, but to me as long as it can match my G2 I'll be content here.

What do you folks think?

Last edited:

WoodyR

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Nextbit robin vs 5xB

If the Robin was available and shipping as soon as the 5X, I'd probably have ordered it instead. It's specs to price ratio are really fantastic, as it pretty much trumps or matches the 5X in every way while staying in a smaller form-factor that a lot of folks want. There's just that whole 4 month wait (with the Robin) that makes it an apples to oranges comparison.

FWIW, I bought a 5X for myself, and my wife backed the Robin. She's of course in no hurry to upgrade.

bloodycape77

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site

It be interesting to see how the screen and battery life stacks. I doubt the camera will be better, if anything it probably be worse.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

I dunno, I was considering the robin but ended up ordering the 5x for a variety of reasons. At the top of the list why were a wait time of one month vs. four months and buying something from google/lg vs. buying something from some random guys that used to work at various oems.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

I'm actually pretty interested in the Nextbit Robin. I almost backed the verizon model for $299 during their flash sale, but I couldn't stomach the idea of paying $300 now for a phone I'm not quite sure when I'd get. Since they more than met their goal, I decided to just wait until they actually went on sale.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
The cloud integration is cool but I don't really like the design of the phone. Just looks weird.

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
My G2 has 3000mah I only get decent battery out of it; so I am not sure if 808 is more efficient than the 800 or not. Like will these devices be better than the G2, battery life wise? Like is it unreasonable to expect 4 hours of sot?

I wouldn't expect significantly better battery life from the 5x or Robin. The G2 is known for great battery life. My almost 2 year old G2 still gets 6+ hrs SOT.

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

bloodycape77

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
6 hours? I can barely get 4 hours SOT out of my G2 now. I asked Nextbit and they said they are working to get 6.0 out by launch day, and that the camera sensor size is 1/3". So, it maybe using a similar sensor to what the G2 offers. :-/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol