10-25-2015 03:03 AM
257 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Nice thread. Thanks for taking the time to post pics and answer peoples questions.

Just wanting to know, what are you overall first impressions with the phone? Happy with it? Anything it does better/worse than you expected?
    anon(331524) likes this.
    10-18-2015 06:04 PM
    Yeah I asked and a few others did and he never responded about low light pictures and since you posted about the quality specifically in your thread I was hoping you could post an example. No worries though. Thanks for the info.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-18-2015 06:16 PM
    Nice thread. Thanks for taking the time to post pics and answer peoples questions.

Just wanting to know, what are you overall first impressions with the phone? Happy with it? Anything it does better/worse than you expected?
    Very happy with it just so much better experience then my old s5 chrome runs so smooth now

The finger print scanner is great really fast and reliable I don't think it's failed to unlock once

My 2 main issues with it

The stock Google camera app is barebones at best
    The headphone jack is on the bottom right which seems odd

It is taller then I expected also
    10-18-2015 06:17 PM
    I first want to echo everyone else and thank you for taking time to answer all our burning questions!

When you say the camera app is barebones, are there any specific features or settings that you're particularly missing?
    10-18-2015 06:27 PM
    Most interested in audio volume through headphones. Louder than S5? Loud like HTC m8.
    10-18-2015 06:39 PM
    The size is what I'm worried about. You mention it being tall. If at all possible could you take a comparison pic? Mine is in order but may cancel or send back if it's too big and I'll keep my iPhone 6s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-18-2015 06:42 PM
    Like many said, really appreciate the time taken to show us details of the phone. I have a few questions about it that I'm hoping you can take time to answer for me:

1. Can you post a photo in low light condition? I rarely take videos, but I'm interested in how the lack of EIS/OIS impact low light photos

2. More update on the battery will be great, I noticed on the second day, the phone went from 100% - around 40% with 2 hours of SOT, is my estimation of 40% from the battery graph about right? If 60% of usage = 2 hours of SOT, that means at best we'll see about 3.5 hours of SOT from full to empty. Not great, but definitely an improvement from the 2013 N5

3. How well does the phone handle 3D games? Interested to know how the SD808 performs? I'm assuming with FHD, the GPU should be more than fast enough. Does the phone get warm? Stuttery when pushed?

Thanks, much appreciate your answers to this thread
    10-18-2015 06:45 PM
    On Amazon.com there are some USB C to USB A cables by Spigen that are $10/each.

OnePlus is selling an USB C to microUSB adapter for $5/each.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks. I have heard a lot of folks say that they can be had very cheaply, but I've never had anyone give specifics. I appreciate it and will go and check them out.
    10-18-2015 06:46 PM
    The size is what I'm worried about. You mention it being tall. If at all possible could you take a comparison pic? Mine is in order but may cancel or send back if it's too big and I'll keep my iPhone 6s.

If he can't supply photos, this is a pretty handy site for phone size comparison Visual Phone Size Comparison. You can even overlay different phones.
    10-18-2015 06:59 PM
    I first want to echo everyone else and thank you for taking time to answer all our burning questions!

When you say the camera app is barebones, are there any specific features or settings that you're particularly missing?
    things like brightness, white balance ,effects filters modes for the camerajust seem to be not there im going to have to have a good look at it tomorrow or im just going to get a 3rd party app

Most interested in audio volume through headphones. Louder than S5? Loud like HTC m8.
    louder then the s5 dont know about the m8 tho never had one

once thing i have just noticed the headphone jack does require a bit of force to get the connection in and out a lot more then the s5

next to the s5

I got my Nexus 5X (First Impressions, User Reviews)-2.jpg

Like many said, really appreciate the time taken to show us details of the phone. I have a few questions about it that I'm hoping you can take time to answer for me:

1. Can you post a photo in low light condition? I rarely take videos, but I'm interested in how the lack of EIS/OIS impact low light photos

2. More update on the battery will be great, I noticed on the second day, the phone went from 100% - around 40% with 2 hours of SOT, is my estimation of 40% from the battery graph about right? If 60% of usage = 2 hours of SOT, that means at best we'll see about 3.5 hours of SOT from full to empty. Not great, but definitely an improvement from the 2013 N5

3. How well does the phone handle 3D games? Interested to know how the SD808 performs? I'm assuming with FHD, the GPU should be more than fast enough. Does the phone get warm? Stuttery when pushed?

Thanks, much appreciate your answers to this thread
    most of these i cant answer haven't had a good mess around with the camera tbh ive never been good with them anyway
    ill put a few games on tomorrow
    and ill update the battery tomorrow as well it will be a more Representative of my daily use tomorrow with it being a week day

well i am off to bed will check in tomorrow there should be alot more peolpe with them tomorrow
    10-18-2015 07:04 PM
    [the camera is pretty fast at taking pictures
    ATTACH=CONFIG]201719[/ATTACH]Attachment 201720

slow mo
    https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...hySXBJUC1ZR3VR
    Slo-mo looks great!
    10-18-2015 07:12 PM
    The 5x is basically taller than the Nexus 5 by the height of the 5x top bezel and wider by it's side bezel. I'll be interests to see how this makes it feel when I pick it up later. I loved the size of the N5.
    10-18-2015 07:12 PM

It is taller then I expected also
    This is probably the only thing that might worry me a tad. Hope it can still fit in the front pocket of my jeans without feeling like a leg splint!
    10-18-2015 07:16 PM
    I know it's only a tiny bit taller but it does make a difference to the feel of the phone to me at least
    turtle3 likes this.
    10-18-2015 07:28 PM
    Just curious if you have any comments on daylight visibility yet. Have a 5x on order, but it isn't expected to arrive for another 10 days. I've had a Moto X (2013) for almost 2 years now, and that is one aspect which was very poor on an otherwise excellent phone. Earlier this month was trying out a S6 for a couple weeks, and found both its daylight visibility and battery life (~ 5 hour SOT) very good. Ultimately I returned the S6 as it crashed at least once on a daily basis and kept fighting the device to make it as Nexus-like as possible (too much S-crap which not only didn't add value, but got in the way).
    10-18-2015 07:32 PM
    So I'm not the only person concerned with screen brightness outdoors. I'm hoping the 5X will be as good as the G4 which is pretty good. I have done a fair amount of reading about screen nits across all manufacturers and Motorola is usually at the bottom of the pack. My N6 is pitiful compared to my G4 and my G4 is pitiful compared to my Blackberry Classic which is perfectly legible in direct sunlight. I think the BB nits are around 900, the G4 around 450 and the N6 is mid 200's. Most of the newer iphones are in the high 500"s for comparison sake. I've always wondered why reviewers don't talk about screen nits because for those of us that spend time outdoors this is a very important feature.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-18-2015 08:16 PM
    10-18-2015 08:19 PM
    Besides some minor aesthetic differences, Spigen doesn't cover the buttons.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
    cooperb21 likes this.
    10-18-2015 08:25 PM
    This has been the most informative info since the keynote, thank you! I only have one further question: does the 5x support USB OTG w/o root?
    10-18-2015 08:26 PM
    Besides some minor aesthetic differences, Spigen doesn't cover the buttons.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
    So im guessing one is lighter maybe the spigen and the other offers slightly more protection? I might end up getting both to see what i like more. I wanted something light weight not extra bulk.
    10-18-2015 08:40 PM
    Question about the fingerprint scanner. Can you train it to use more than one finger, or is it just one and done?
    Bob Garon likes this.
    10-18-2015 09:13 PM
    Question about the fingerprint scanner. Can you train it to use more than one finger, or is it just one and done?
    You can add multiple fingerprints.

https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/6285273

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    10-18-2015 09:30 PM
    congrats buddy. thank you for taking the time to post pictures

is 3.5 hours oncreen time considered good? the note 5 can get around 5 hours on screen time right?
    10-18-2015 11:57 PM
    3.5 is not good but I wouldn't call that a result yet after 1 or 2 charge cycles. Even my Nexus 5 got regularly over 4 hours - with brightness around 30-40%.
    10-19-2015 02:19 AM
    congrats buddy. thank you for taking the time to post pictures

is 3.5 hours oncreen time considered good? the note 5 can get around 5 hours on screen time right?
    My Note 4 gets from 5-7 hours. Averaging just over 6. Note 5 is even better than that
    10-19-2015 02:39 AM
257 ... 56789 ...