Did You Get Protection On Your 5X?

stepaul8

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm about to order one and I'm kind 50/50 on getting the protection. I would love to use this phone naked, but I'm thinking that tempered glass would be more worth it. What do you guys think?

Posted via the Android Central App

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm ordering mine today and I'm leaning towards getting it. No worries for 2 years seems worth $79.99.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Nope. I've always been pretty gentle on phones and my wild college days are sadly behind me. I'll just be using a thin case, maybe a tempered glass screen protector.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Best of luck to you! Those really are awesome years, make the most of them. I had a ruggedized Casio dumb phone for a lot of my time in college which survived my drunken shenanigans pretty well. My first smartphone went into an Otterbox. Probably a good idea but I hated the bulk.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Nexus Protect/Case/Bumper/Screen Protector are all good options. Think about how much money you are willing to spend. The Nexus Protect is cheap compared to carrier insurance. If you dump the phone before the two years is up, you can cancel the policy and get a little money back. If you don't go for insurance, then ask yourself what you will do if you shatter the phone in six months. Are you comfortable repairing the phone or buying a replacement? Are you keeping your old phone as a fall back if your new phone fails? As long as you have plan, don't worry about it too much.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
So you end up saving about $290 dollars if you have to use it. Coming up with $69.99 if my toddler got ahold of my phone in one of his crazy moods is easier than $290. Maybe I'll cancel it but for 2 years at basically $6 a month breakdown it seemed reasonable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21