I've got a Nexus 5X, you've got questions. Let's do this!

Russell Holly

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
nexus-5x-stump.jpg

Hey everyone!

I've been using what I have been affectionately calling the Stormtrooper Nexus 5X for a couple of days now, and it's time to start answering some of your questions. We've already done a hands-on after Phil spent some time with one, but today is all about anything you want to know about this phone.

We've also just published a look at what the camera is capable of, in case you have any questions about the performance there.

So go on, do the thing!

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Well I have a dumb question. When you hold the 5x in your hand, does it feel noticeably wider to hold? I'm not sure I want anything bigger than the original Nexus 5. Thanks.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Russell, how does the size compare to say the G4?

Edit: mrsmumbles kind of asked the same thing....that's what I get for having the tab open for a few minutes.

CouchFisher

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Is the addition of LTE Band 12 (T-Mobile customer here) USB-C/Rapid charging, and the fingerprint scanner worth the upgrade from a Nexus 5?

Also, has anyone done a tear down yet? Is there the change that an aftermarket Qi charger could be tucked under the back cover?

Russell Holly

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Well I have a dumb question. When you hold the 5x in your hand, does it feel noticeably wider to hold? I'm not sure I want anything bigger than the original Nexus 5. Thanks.

It is slightly wider than the original Nexus 5, as well as slightly taller. There's a good visual in our unboxing video if you want to see more. I don't think it's too bad, but I've also been using much larger phones recently. I greatly prefer this size over something like the G4, for example.

Sudarshan Unni1

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
How much is memory available for use in the phone in India v have only 16 GB launched so how much can v expect for users

Posted via the Android Central App

guapinoy

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
How's the screen. I remember the original Nexus 5 was a bit washed out. Since you used the S6 for a while, how does it compare?

Posted via the Android Central App

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Every phone I pick up and use for a few days usually has a few things I'd love to have changed. After a few days, what, if any, are those things for you concerning the 5X?

CrazySlot

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
About the battery, can we get the battery graph for a full charge from 0/5% to 95/100%? (with the fast charge feature, and the phone left alone while charging). (if it's in the test, i'll wait)
Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech