Nexus 5X camera shots! Show us your photos!!

scgf

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Taken indoors, no flash. The colours are spot on. I also took some pics on a high-end camera and the Nexus shots were better! The first pic has been cropped to remove some of the surrounding detail.

IMG_20151021_111916.jpgIMG_20151021_112208.jpgIMG_20151021_113513.jpg

SeanFL

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently using the Galaxy S6 and have a 5X arriving soon. Excited to see if the camera holds up to the S6. Anyone have feedback coming from the S6? The shots above seem to show they are really quite good!

LezCronut

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys! Reviews from popular tech websites shows 5X suffers from blown out highlight in daylight shooting. Is it true? They say under really bright conditions highlights are lost. Such as details in clouds are lost.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
How's the camera performance? Not how good the pictures come out because I've seen great reviews but the speed in which you can take pictures and how quickly it will catch a object and focus such as a moving toddler.

Posted via the Android Central App

WinstonSmith#AC

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I took some photos of my son today at the park and was very disappointed with the detail. It was outdoor and the images were awfully soft, almost "cartoonish."

I'm not a photographer, so my terminology is off, I am sure.

Up to today, I had been pretty happy with the camera.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Playing with low light. My Note 5 seemed able to catch motion better in low light but it seems very good.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 62.jpg
    62.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 118

SeanFL

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
>Hi guys! Reviews from popular tech websites shows 5X suffers from blown out highlight in daylight shooting. Is it true? They say under really bright conditions highlights are lost. Such as details in clouds are lost.

Lez, I've not found that to be the case most times. Here are some outdoor pictures that I took recently:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=SmNxRjFESnFxd1NTMVVjMjBaTW5SWDNnblBPV1lB

The 5x camera strikes a good balance between protecting highlights and being too dark. In other words, if the priority is to protect highlights at all cost, then many shots will be considered too dark. The lake and foliage picture is one example. I would have preferred it to be a little brighter, but it's usable as is. The other picture of the old church. That has lots of brown/black (dark) in the center and most cameras will brighten it up a bit. In that case, it causes the clouds and parts outside the main portion of the frame to be quite bright / blown out. That's a balance I'm happy with. I've used professional DSLR cameras that did everything they could to protect highlights and didn't like them overall. Most pictures looked dark and dull and needed brightening to look proper. Most DSLR's go for a balance between proper exposure and protecting highlights and let you make other choices in manual modes.

pedrosalas7

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
does anyone know how to export a video in slow motion where just a certain part of it is actually slow?

I can set it up with the photos app, but when I export it the whole video goes slow. any way around that?

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy