Nexus 5X homescreens

DWolf1231

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I am using Nova, it's Materialistik

Nice. I've been using Rondo for a while on my current phone, but I'm thinking that I'll change up the look when my 5X arrives.

I really would like to try using the Google Now launcher again on Marshmallow, but the lack of icon pack support is maddening.

tspeice87

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Where does everyone get their wallpapers from? I've used KittyPlay for a while, but not overly impressed. Would love something fresh for my new 5x arriving tomorrow.

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Nice. I've been using Rondo for a while on my current phone, but I'm thinking that I'll change up the look when my 5X arrives.

I really would like to try using the Google Now launcher again on Marshmallow, but the lack of icon pack support is maddening.

I use the app "Awesome Icons" with Now Launcher, and you can use custom icon packs. It takes a little more effort to choose every icon, but the customization options are really cool. You can mix and match icons from different packs, too. Might want to give it a look.

realwilliamlees

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I've never understood why a Nexus owner would use a third party launcher. Isn't the 'pure Android experience' one of the main reasons people sway towards Nexus in the first place?

I wouldn't own a 5X if I was going to use Nova. I'd definitely be looking for something higher spec.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't really understand what "specs" have to do with whether or not you use a third party launcher. Anyway I'm not planning on using one regardless, so here's what I'm currently working with. It's a little busy, I may cut some of those apps and folders down.

Attachments

• 257.jpg
    257.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 186

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I've never understood why a Nexus owner would use a third party launcher. Isn't the 'pure Android experience' one of the main reasons people sway towards Nexus in the first place?

I wouldn't own a 5X if I was going to use Nova. I'd definitely be looking for something higher spec.

No there are a whole pile of reasons to choose a nexus including no bloatware/crapware, updates, etc. Many android users _love_ to customize so it shouldn't be at all surprising that many want a different launcher...

DWolf1231

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I use the app "Awesome Icons" with Now Launcher, and you can use custom icon packs. It takes a little more effort to choose every icon, but the customization options are really cool. You can mix and match icons from different packs, too. Might want to give it a look.

Great tip, thanks!

DWolf1231

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site

Actually, something like Nova is just as much of a "stock" experience as the Google Now Launcher is. Neither of those are AOSP and the GN Launcher wasn't even included as the default launcher on Nexus devices until the N5.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11