Using the Nexus 5X on Verizon?

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
It was working on my MotoX 1st gen just before I popped the card out so I assume nothing has changed? I'll double check (assuming I can find it in their maze like site)

yeah, same thing here but with a GS6. Was working on GS6, sim moved to 5x, and works in 5x.

EDIT: I added some screenshots above. The APN selection was default, I didn't change anything with the APN selection.

Last edited:

mockra

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
It was the advanced calling, had no idea I needed to add that. I had never had it enabled before. Very weird!

But yay, now I can totally tune out on some of these calls :D

mockra

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Now I just gotta pull the Moto X ringtones and notification sounds. Really not a fan of the defaults on this one, my alarm is not so soothing.

jackdubl

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Received my 32gb Carbon 5x today.

I have a Verizon prepaid account but my old phone uses a micro sim. At the Verizon retail store they could not activate a nano size with the Nexus 5x IMEI and refused to activate a nano size for the old phone IMEI so that I could just pop it in and try it on the Nexus. Went home and cut the sim to nano size using a template I found online and it is working great. Just for the heck of it, I bought a Verizon nano sim on Ebay that I will try to activate with the old IMEI. Might fit better than my little hack job. If not, the trimmed version appears to be fine. No Google Fi early access in my area so stuck with Verizon for now....
Funny, my corporate store provided a sim and activated it on an old phone that I no longer owned so I could pop it in a Moto X Pure, right there in the store.

jackdubl

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Just got my 5X put my Verizon Sim in and everything works but the WiFi Hot Spot I was hoping would function, it said checking subscription, turned off LTE and locked up. Had to go back to the home screen and it was off-line - no data. Tried airplane mode toggle, still no data. Restart got it back to normal. Any idea how / if Wi-Fi tethering can be turned on? One of the reasons I went unlocked pure Andriod.
What! I just tried on a Moto X Pure and it worked no problem, so figured it would work on this too. Mine arrives tomorrow.

Last edited:

jackdubl

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Confirmed: tethering not working on Verizon unless it's part of your plan. I swap my sim into a Moto X Pure and tethering works without it being in plan.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Funny, my corporate store provided a sim and activated it on an old phone that I no longer owned so I could pop it in a Moto X Pure, right there in the store.

Just depends on the store reps. Some are great .. some aren't.

redsandvb

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering if any of you with the 5X on VZW are on More Everything and out-of-contract? Are you getting the $15/$25 monthly discount for ooc lines?

I guess some non-VZW branded or non-VZW compatible devices haven't gotten it in the past...

Thanks!

earlyxoomer

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
i have not been able to get voice and data working at the same time.
Nexus 5x - Verizon
Verizon Advanced calling enabled
(worked fine on my HTC one M7 - which is the SIM i am using)

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
i have not been able to get voice and data working at the same time.
Nexus 5x - Verizon
Verizon Advanced calling enabled
(worked fine on my HTC one M7 - which is the SIM i am using)

Turned on in settings?

Edit: wrong screenshot. How to remove pic on AC mobile app?

JUST LOOK BACK AT THIS THREAD. It works for me and I've posted screenshots of the settings.

Posted via my 5x

Attachments

• 3331.jpg
    3331.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 69

earlyxoomer

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
my issue is simply not being able to be on a call and using any data via phone. i have 2 verizon phones (work + personal). HTC One and S4. i can be on phone and use cellular data at same time no problem. i have tried both sims in my 5X with no luck. when i try to use data, i get this odd "!" over the cell signal bar (see pic)Screenshot_20151028-125559.jpg

sbwaller

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Did you turn your phone off? or just straight up pop-out, pop-in while powered on?

I still can't get voice and data to work. Have tried turning advanced calling off/on, and Advanced LTE off/on, reboot between setting changes, etc. no love :(

earlyxoomer

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
i added the advanced calling features at verizon.com, then i turned phone off, removed sim, put sim back in, powered phone back up. and it started working

VTRweasel

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
LMAO, ok I messed up.

I ordered the 6P through Fi. The delivery was 6 weeks out so I canceled and ordered the 5X. Unfortunately I ordered it through the Google Store and not Fi so it's not going to show up with the Fi SIM.

I have a HTC One through Verizon. I guess I can activate the 5X with the Verizon card, wait for my Fi SIM and then change everything over but what a PITA.

My Fi account still shows the 6P though so I'm a little worried.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
LMAO, ok I messed up.

I have a HTC One through Verizon. I guess I can activate the 5X with the Verizon card, wait for my Fi SIM and then change everything over but what a PITA.

Wouldn't it just be a simple matter of swapping SIM cards again? Changing SIMs/carriers shouldn't require you to re-setup anything on the device itself.

VTRweasel

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Wouldn't it just be a simple matter of swapping SIM cards again? Changing SIMs/carriers shouldn't require you to re-setup anything on the device itself.

Yeah, I hope not but maybe I'll just wait the extra couple of days. Verizon already has my money so canceling now vs. Friday won't make a difference. I just like instant gratification :p

Greatsrj23

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
If you were having problems at first, have they all been resolved? I'm coming from the moto x 2013 so the sim should work. I'm reading about these issues with getting voice and data to work at the same time and I just want to make sure it's something that is fixable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1