$50 Google Play credit?

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
New orders.

I spoke to Google this morning. They didn't send out my confirmation email. My order is also 3-7 days early. That code is in the email. They are investigating now.

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've gotten all emails and haven't seen a mention of store credit. One of the reasons why I pre-ordered.

Moto X 2014

Bob Garon

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I have not received it yet and I also have not received the confirmation email that the phone was shipped however whenever I go to my Google Store order for it the details show that it's going to be delivered by the end of the day today. So hopefully we will be getting the emails very very soon.

Posted via the Android Central App

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
New orders.

I spoke to Google this morning. They didn't send out my confirmation email. My order is also 3-7 days early. That code is in the email. They are investigating now.

I got the Google Shipment confirmation email but no mention of Play Credit in that email. Is there another confirmation email we need? I'm just going to wait until I receive the phone before I start flipping tables ;) maybe once I sign into the phone with my gmail account, it'll dispatch the Play Credit email...

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I suppose it makes sense that the phone has to be activated first perhaps before the credit is released?

Moto X 2014

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I suppose it makes sense that the phone has to be activated first perhaps before the credit is released?

Moto X 2014

yeah, it does, although they just say "after the device ships". That's pretty vague ;)

"*Good for one $50 credit toward your Google Play™ balance with the purchase of a Nexus 6P or Nexus 5X purchased on the Google Store in the US from September 29, 2015 to October 25, 2015. A promo code will be emailed after the device ships. Google Play credit is not reloadable and has no cash value. Google Play credit must be added to a Google Wallet account by December 31, 2015. Once added, credit must be used on Google Play by October 25, 2016. Google Play credit cannot be used on the Google Store. Some subscriptions excluded. Must be 13+ years old and have existing or activate new Google Wallet account. Promotional offer available while Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X supplies last, no rain checks. See Promotional Balance Terms for more information. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc."

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Maybe they will send them out once everything gets registered on your Google account with the play store?

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
As someone who's gone through tons of phones and returned many, I've never had to return a promo item or been charged for it after the return.

Well, that would be awesome. Would love to see someone cash out that $50 if they had a bad phone experience.

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
well, I pre-ordered the 5x and 6p and will keep only 1 of them. I'm hoping I am able to redeem the $50 for each one.

Keep us posted on what happens! :cool:

I guess the only question for you is...do you eat it all up and then ask for forgiveness or leave it be until you know for sure? LOL

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Keep us posted on what happens! :cool:

I guess the only question for you is...do you eat it all up and then ask for forgiveness or leave it be until you know for sure? LOL

Ha-ha. Not sure. I was thinking the same thing. $100 in clash of clans gems would be nice! :) but it'd be hard to spend all on one game.

Posted via the Android Central App and my Galaxy S6

Bob Garon

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
My guess is after the 15th day and they know you will be keeping the phone, we will get the email with the code for the Google Play credit.

Posted via my Nexus 5X