$50 Google Play credit?

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
The whole preorder and fulfillment process has been a bit weird (my first Nexus; so maybe this is normal). So nothing would surprise me at this point . . . .

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
well, I pre-ordered the 5x and 6p and will keep only 1 of them. I'm hoping I am able to redeem the $50 for each one.

I remember going through the terms when the phones were first announced. My recollection is you only get one $50 credit per Google account. I'm guessing they'll still send two (with the idea that the second phone may have been ordered for a family member), but you should only be able to get $50 credit.

dirkpitt73

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I spoke with a fi rep via chat today and they say "The promotional coupon emails are delayed. We are working diligently to ensure all qualified customers receive their coupon credit emails in a timely manner."

I hope it's soon as I would like to get a case for my new 5x!

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I spoke with a fi rep via chat today and they say "The promotional coupon emails are delayed. We are working diligently to ensure all qualified customers receive their coupon credit emails in a timely manner."

I hope it's soon as I would like to get a case for my new 5x!

The credit can't be used for hardware unfortunately.

dirkpitt73

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Oh, too bad - so really it's just the 50% off coupon waiting on. I wonder if the credit can be used for a Play Music subscription or is it just for apps, books, movies, tv, (e.g. digital content)?

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Oh, too bad - so really it's just the 50% off coupon waiting on. I wonder if the credit can be used for a Play Music subscription or is it just for apps, books, movies, tv, (e.g. digital content)?

here's the fine print:
"*Good for one $50 credit toward your Google Play™ balance with the purchase of a Nexus 6P or Nexus 5X purchased on the Google Store in the US from September 29, 2015 to October 25, 2015. A promo code will be emailed after the device ships. Google Play credit is not reloadable and has no cash value. Google Play credit must be added to a Google Wallet account by December 31, 2015. Once added, credit must be used on Google Play by October 25, 2016. Google Play credit cannot be used on the Google Store. Some subscriptions excluded. Must be 13+ years old and have existing or activate new Google Wallet account. Promotional offer available while Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X supplies last, no rain checks. See Promotional Balance Terms for more information. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc."
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...e.com/category/phones?hl=en-US&token=YyaCO5oX
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../intl/en_us/about/offer-terms/&token=Y6IfkWhc

So it seems some subscriptions are excluded, which leads me to believe that it'll work on other subscriptions (not sure which ones). But it's a true $50, not 50% off coupon. It just works on apps, games, etc. I'm sure it'll work on in app purchases, like gems in clash of clans, etc.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
here's the fine print:
"*Good for one $50 credit toward your Google Play™ balance with the purchase of a Nexus 6P or Nexus 5X purchased on the Google Store in the US from September 29, 2015 to October 25, 2015. A promo code will be emailed after the device ships. Google Play credit is not reloadable and has no cash value. Google Play credit must be added to a Google Wallet account by December 31, 2015. Once added, credit must be used on Google Play by October 25, 2016. Google Play credit cannot be used on the Google Store. Some subscriptions excluded. Must be 13+ years old and have existing or activate new Google Wallet account. Promotional offer available while Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X supplies last, no rain checks. See Promotional Balance Terms for more information. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc."
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...e.com/category/phones?hl=en-US&token=kmP8HKAY
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../intl/en_us/about/offer-terms/&token=5w6op7Eo

So it seems some subscriptions are excluded, which leads me to believe that it'll work on other subscriptions (not sure which ones). But it's a true $50, not 50% off coupon. It just works on apps, games, etc. I'm sure it'll work on in app purchases, like gems in clash of clans, etc.

Those who ordered through Project Fi are supposed to get a second coupon, good for 50% off of a case; this is what he is referring to. It sounds as if he was disappointed to learn he couldn't use the Play Credit with the 50% off coupon to get the case for free.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Those who ordered through Project Fi are supposed to get a second coupon, good for 50% off of a case; this is what he is referring to. It sounds as if he was disappointed to learn he couldn't use the Play Credit with the 50% off coupon to get the case for free.

oh, ok. Thanks for clarifying!

anon(470989)

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

I spoke with a rep who told me that Google Play Music subscriptions are eligible so yes, the $50 can be used to pay towards your subscription. If you have any google balance right now (well, if it's at least enough to cover a month), you can already use that towards your subscription with the dropdown box it has on the payment screen.

koolbon

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Just got 50% discount coupon for 5X case as well. I wonder if it is transferable since I am not going to buy a case for it.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure if the code is linked to my account or anyone can use it.

Is it just a code? I could try it by checking out at the Google Store. If it doesn't work, then no biggie. But you don't have to give it to me if you're not sure. 😉

Posted via my 5x

VI510N

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Just received both the $50 google play credit as well as the 50% off the Adopted case from the google store through Project Fi. Haven't even received my phone yet either. Comes tomorrow!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz