Hi,

I received my Nexus 5X yesterday and i'm quite happy with it, but I noticed it took a long time to download all my apps. Having run some speed tests there seems to be a problem with the WiFI speed.

Here are two tests, one from my old Nexus 5 and one from the new 5X. Both are connected to the same 5Ghz network and just a few meters away from the router.

Nexus 5 original
    WiFi Speed Problem-5_test.jpg

Nexus 5X
    WiFi Speed Problem-5x_test.jpg

As you can see from the graphs on the test, the original Nexus 5 has a stable speed during the test, but the 5X starts off very slowly then increases, but it doesn't reach full speed of around 100Mbps. It also over estimates the upload which should be no more than 12.5Mbps.

I've tried downloads from various websites and Google Play which all seem much faster on the Nexus 5, just to rule out a fault with the speedtest app.

Can anyone help?

I'm in the UK, on Virgin Media broadband, using their 'Superhub 2' router. and 5Ghz WiFi.
    10-21-2015 05:24 AM
    Hi,

I received my Nexus 5X yesterday and i'm quite happy with it, but I noticed it took a long time to download all my apps. Having run some speed tests there seems to be a problem with the WiFI speed.

Here are two tests, one from my old Nexus 5 and one from the new 5X. Both are connected to the same 5Ghz network and just a few meters away from the router.

Nexus 5 original
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5_test.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	200.8 KB 
ID:	202353

Nexus 5X
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5X_test.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	177.0 KB 
ID:	202354

As you can see from the graphs on the test, the original Nexus 5 has a stable speed during the test, but the 5X starts off very slowly then increases, but it doesn't reach full speed of around 100Mbps. It also over estimates the upload which should be no more than 12.5Mbps.

I've tried downloads from various websites and Google Play which all seem much faster on the Nexus 5, just to rule out a fault with the speedtest app.

Can anyone help?

I'm in the UK, on Virgin Media broadband, using their 'Superhub 2' router. and 5Ghz WiFi.
    Try on 2.4Ghz and see ifnresukts are different.
    10-21-2015 06:13 AM
    I'm getting similar test results in which my N5 is besting my 5X on my home 5Ghz WiFi.
    10-22-2015 10:40 AM